DVD Install Problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
craig10x

DVD Install Problems

Post by craig10x »

Hi: I burned an iso image of the Linux Mint Helena KDE 32 bit version....I appeared to have gotten a good download with the entire 1.1 or so GB.....although the first time i downloaded from the direct link, i did not get the full amount...so i used one of the "mirrors" where i got the whole thing...

I burned a DVD ISO image and when i boot off it, all that happens is that The Linux Mint KDE Screen comes on, which is followed by Casper loading in up until it says READY...
Then the screen goes to BLACK, nothing else happens, and within about a minute, the DVD in the tray shuts off...and that's it!....
Is there an easy solution to this? I try another mirror download from a different location and DVD ISO burn and the exact same thing happened again....
This is getting rather frustrating....the regular Mint (gnome cd) was no problem....or any other distro i ever installed with cds...this is my first experience doing an install with a DVD iso...
I don't know what to do and about to give up..help!!! :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: DVD Install Problems

Post by remoulder »

Please do not double post.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Software & Applications”