Seeing Double

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
George1955
Level 1
Level 1

Seeing Double

Post by George1955 »

I was trying to get Beryl working properly and somehow or other I've wound up having two of everything in the panel at the bottom of the screen.
Whenever I open an application or webpage, it opens twice!!
Does anyone have any idea what causes this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Don't know what's happened to you. Let's try to sort it out
Is this just when you use Beryl or all the time?
You write
Whenever I open an application or webpage, it opens twice!!
Webpage - does this mean that when you click a link you open two pages?
George1955
Level 1
Level 1

Post by George1955 »

Thanks
No I tried to setup Beryl but couldn't get it to work properly. So I started to fiddle around with different settings then gave up. Now hhenever I open any application two icons appear in the panel, however only one application is opens. Everything else is fine.
The only reason I played around with Beryl is that I changed my video card from ATI and bought a Nvidia GEForce 5500
George1955
Level 1
Level 1

Post by George1955 »

Nope that didn't work either.
I'll just do a fresh install
Thanks anyway

Return to “Beginner Questions”