identi.ca

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint

identi.ca

Postby tdapple on Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 am

Just wanted people to be aware there is a Linux Mint Users group on identi.ca.....not much traffic on it...if you have a identi.ca account lets get some traffic flowing on this group....
tdapple
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: identi.ca

Postby Husse on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Group here
I'll make this topic sticky
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby rivenathos on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:05 pm

I have been using identi.ca for a while now. I get all of the latest updates on Mint happenings. There is not a whole lot of chatter right now, I agree, but I know people in this forum can liven things up.

I do not use any special program or application with identi.ca. It is very easy to have identi.ca work with Pidgin, so you get the messages just like any other protocol. It will probably work with Kopete, as well, but I have not tried that yet.
Debian 7 with GNOME 64-bit
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Postby phibxr on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:40 pm

rivenathos wrote:I have been using identi.ca for a while now. I get all of the latest updates on Mint happenings. There is not a whole lot of chatter right now, I agree, but I know people in this forum can liven things up.

I do not use any special program or application with identi.ca. It is very easy to have identi.ca work with Pidgin, so you get the messages just like any other protocol. It will probably work with Kopete, as well, but I have not tried that yet.

I will need to check this out, haven't investigated identi.ca yet. Is it a good channel for getting open source/Linux-news? :)
http://opentechblog.com - exploring open source and open solutions
Twitter @Opentechblog
phibxr
Level 1
Level 1

Postby mlsmith on Tue May 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Glad somebody else thought about this too. I was thinking the same thing today. It doesn't seem like identi.ca get enough love.
mlsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rivenathos on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:33 pm

I know this is an old sticky, but I wanted to post and say that Gwibber works great with identi.ca. The Linux Mint group is still around, but it appears not many of the new people know we exist. Does anyone want to show some love to open source and identi.ca? This is a great way to get timely updates about Linux Mint happenings.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Postby vrkalak on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:39 pm

^ I am still here ... and there, too.

I am one of the original members of the icenti.ca/Mint Group. Perhaps, we have been 'slacking' in keeping identi.ca updated with the Mint Happenings. :oops:

gwibber works well with identi.ca ... I use an App called Pino as my social client, for these types of chats.

Pino is in the Mint (LMDE) repros, and easily installed and configured.
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10

Postby rivenathos on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:57 pm

@vrkalak - With the recent downtime of the forums, it would have been great to get notifications via identi.ca in regards to what was going on. I agree that the identi.ca group needs some attention, as well as promoting identi.ca itself.
rivenathos
Level 6
Level 6

Postby GoatZz on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Is Identi.CA a specialty social network? What is it used for mainly? I've been curious.
GoatZz
Level 1
Level 1

Postby xenopeek on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:01 pm

identi.ca is somewhat similar to Twitter, and used heavily with the free software and open source software people. It's much more powerful than Twitter; both feature wise and freedom wise. http://status.net/wiki/Identi.ca
xenopeek
Level 21
Level 21

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Chat about Linux Mint