Linux Mint Logo

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint Logo

Post by antiquexray »

Here I am in Oshkosh, WI getting ready for the airshow. Here's a picture of what we call "Antique Taxi" that will be used during the convention. Right now the place if virtually void of airplanes, but I'll take another one in a few days.

The Mint logo isn't visualized the best in this picture due to the raining day, but you get the idea.

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Nice. :D
verdegal37

Post by verdegal37 »

Hello antiquexray , remains very well :wink: good work.
Greethins;
Agust
AlsaPhil

Post by AlsaPhil »

Great :wink:
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Its just cool to see mint out in the real world :D
____________ ________ ______ ____ ___ __ __ _
http://www.designdrifter.com
The Purpose of Life is for DNA to reproduce.
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

As promised, here's a picuture of my machine during the AirVenture convention.

I backed up up a bit, and shot another picture to give you a little idea size of this parking area, which is just a small part of the entire aircraft parking. You can kind of judge the size when you compare the yellow, twin-engine, airplane in both pics.

Check this link:

http://www.airventure.org/photos/galler ... =&shownew=

To the bottom right, you see a guy in a new John Deere gator, dressed in white, with a yellow vest; that's me. That gator is in the approximate spot where my machine, with the LinuxMint on the side, was parked.

BTW, that yellow plane is a Cessna T-50, aka, bamboo bomber, and is best known for coming "From out of the blue of the Western sky..."
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

antiquexray: Nice! I can't even fathom the size of the show. So the big question is, did anybody ask you about Mint?
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

carlos wrote:antiquexray: Nice! I can't even fathom the size of the show. So the big question is, did anybody ask you about Mint?
Acutally, I did. For the most part it was fellow EAA volunteers, but I did have a couple attendees acknowledge the use of Linux.
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

It only take a few to spread the knowledge. :D
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It was funny at lugradio live (I didn't go, just listened to the podcast), they were talking about codecs and patents and solutions to the problem... and some people in the crowd sayed "use Mint". It didn't impress Jono Bacon but still.. we got a mention :)

Anyway, I recommend you listen to that podcast... it's pretty funny and interesting as well.

Clem
carlos
Level 4
Level 4

Post by carlos »

Heh that is great! I guess mint is the black sheep of the ubuntu family? Or is that a green sheep? ...

I've never listened to lug. But I've heard them mention on the Linux Action Show.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

I guess Ubuntu Studio would be the "black" sheep :)

We're not too bad with Ubuntu actually. I was afraid things could become messy as they did a bit between the Debian crowd and Ubuntu, but I was surprised by the Ubuntu community. There hasn't been any formal contact yet but both communities react well as far as I can see.

Clem
PS: The Linux Action Show is probably the best podcast of them all. I also like lugradio and the linux link tech show because they can pick interesting subjects and go further with them, the Linux Link Tech Show also often has really cool interviews. I also recommend opennews (easy to listen to).

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”