XFE File Manager

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MintyFree

XFE File Manager

Post by MintyFree »

I'm thinking of changing from Thunar to XFE for my File Manager for XFCE, how do I do it? Would you guys recommend XFE? Is there another File Manager you'd recommend instead?

Thanks for the help,
Minty Free
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Robin

Re: XFE File Manager

Post by Robin »

I'm still kinda newbie to be advising anyone yet, but while I was playing with LXDE I got to know PCManFM and I really like it! It looks alot like Thunar but it has a tool I use alot: "Open as Root" under the Tools menu. Sweet! Lets me move my pictures to the wallpapers folder and stuff. Drag-and-drop simplicity. Pretty newbie friendly, not as befuddling for this li'l newbie as Thunar was. Give it a try. It doesn't drag a bunch of dependencies with it when installed, either.

Hoping you like it,
Robin
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

I am a huge Xfce fanatic!!

For my personal choice of a great File Manager ... I would recommend you install PCManFM. I had used Thunar for over a year. Thunar, I found to be better than Nautilus or Dolphin. IMHO

PCManFM is fast and very efficient as a File Mgr. As Robin said, very customizable and can mount other partitions on your computer, in and of itself.

Download and install PCManFM from the Synaptic Package Manager ... give it a try, before making it your default File Manager. If you don't like it, delete and install something else.
MintyFree

Post by MintyFree »

Have either of you tried Xfe though? It's supposed to be organized sort of like Windows which I'm still kind of used to. I'll try the PCMan File Manager but I'd like help with Xfe just in case I don't like it

Thanks again,
Minty Free

Return to “Software & Applications”