IP Address Problems

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gkrusty

IP Address Problems

Post by gkrusty »

Hello there.

I have mint4win installed and when trying to connect to the router I keep getting the "authentication required" box popping up. I enter my WPA password and it just pops up again after a few minutes without ever connecting or acquiring an IP address.

My connection to the router works fine in Windows. Any help?

I am connecting using a belkin N wireless card and I have a Netgear router. My notebook is an older hp pavilion.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bobcollard

Re: IP Address Problems

Post by bobcollard »

When asked for your authentication there may be a choice between WEP 128 and WEP 40/128 use the latter and see if it helps. If it is WAP or other choose that.
gkrusty

Re: IP Address Problems

Post by gkrusty »

It is definitely a WPA2 code and I have entered it numerous times. Each time the authentication box appears again my WPA code has been reset. Also if I go into the settings window I cannot change the WPA code! This may be due to the fact that I do not have ownership or permission to change any of my files and I am working on reinstalling mint4win.

I guess this is me learning Linux! :D

Return to “Installation & Boot”