Change workspace with virtualbox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
davvs

Change workspace with virtualbox

Post by davvs »

Hi!

I have a VirtualBox running on my computer and I always want to keep it on a certain workspace. However, every time I want to change away from that workspace when VirtualBox is on focus, I have to press the release key in virtualbox first before pressing the change workspace keycommand.
So my question is this:
Can I configure fluxbox, or X so that certain commands are not sent to VirtualBox (or any other app for that matter) and are only sent to the fluxbox keyhandler?
Effect would be that I don't have to press the release key first to change workspace when I'm using VirtualBox.

Any answers or other suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
davvs

Re: Change workspace with virtualbox

Post by davvs »

Oh, never mind. I just found out that I can configure VirtualBox so that it does not catch the keyboard.
If you just untick the checkbox: File -> Preferences -> Input -> Auto Capture Keyboard,
then commands are sent to VirtualBox as any X-application (Doesn't catch alt+tab nor workspace switch commands)

Return to “Software & Applications”