Linux Mock Up.

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rhY

Linux Mock Up.

Post by rhY »

Mint is my favorite distro. I use it for recording, and for skype. This is a mock up I made of my ideal version of Linux:

Ideally, it would have four separate desktops on different sides of a compiz cube. One side dedicated to Internet, one dedicated to media creation, one dedicated to games, and one dedicated to office tasks.

This Mock up is for just one desktop though. Ideally, the Icons at the bottom would stand above the desktop on cube rotate, similar to the 3d world compiz plugin, although also with shadows added. Also the system menu would be available from a right click anywhere on the desktop.
linuxmockupa.png
Let me know what you think.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beyecixramd

Re: Linux Mock Up.

Post by beyecixramd »

Looks like E17 (Enlightenment) with a blend of Mac OS X.

The icons on the dock are too big, maybe the idea is good, but if you want that, you should auto hide the dock so it doesn't eat precious pixels.

Also, separating the screen in several workspaces for different activities is a brilliant idea, but when you open any app, it should be able to detect where to open, and what kind of app it is.
ranyardm

Post by ranyardm »

TBH, looks like android. Not that that's a bad thing (G1 owner here), but as both android and chromeos are based on linux, perhaps you might want to look at starting with one of those.
--
Martyn
rhY

Post by rhY »

Ideally, I would like my PC to be a phone, and have a USB dock that hooks up with a mouse/monitor. True. And yes, part of my inspiration was iPhone/Android. My main purpose however was to simplify computing for beginners. I do a lot of tech support and people are very easily confused. Having this setup, and maybe a Home directory icon opposite the clock would make an OS pretty idiot proof.
Anomadeus

Post by Anomadeus »

Those some big icons you got there!
rhY

Post by rhY »

Icons would only be that big if no apps were open on that workspace.

Return to “Your Artwork”