Mint LXDE Helena regular version is up

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
palmito_bom

Mint LXDE Helena regular version is up

Post by palmito_bom »

It's looking good! Located at http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/linuxmint.com/stable/8/ -- hopefully the changes from RC1 to Final will be hitting the repos pretty soon as well (sounds like they are minor and won't require a reinstall)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Re: Mint LXDE Helena regular version is up

Post by Kendall »

:D

All the changes from the RC to the stable will be handled with package updates. That and the Firefox launcher in the panel has been replaced with the one that minimizes all windows.
iferdjani

Post by iferdjani »

yay! cant wait for those updates! it's amazing already!! turned 75% of my home to Helena LXDE lol

...so...when should we expect those updates to the stable release...? :roll:
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

I fit everything into one package. Upgrade mint-lxde-default-settings and you should be good.
vger7

Post by vger7 »

Kendall wrote:I fit everything into one package. Upgrade mint-lxde-default-settings and you should be good.
I just did the update.
I see no changes.
I had changed my RC1 background and added some launchers to the panel.
It still looks the same.
It looks like this:

Thanks
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

Panel settings don't automatically change with the update. Basically it will affect the default panel layout for a new user but all existing users have their settings stored in their home directory and it won't be overwritten.

Most of the changes are lower level changes.
palmito_bom

Post by palmito_bom »

Noticed this, it's easy enough to adjust the panel so no big deal to me. Question-- Is there a "print screen" utility now? Didn't see one after update or running final live. If not what would be the recommended one to add?
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

I completely forgot I added xfce4-screenshooter to the final version, so that will need to be installed as well.
vger7

Post by vger7 »

Kendall wrote:Panel settings don't automatically change with the update. Basically it will affect the default panel layout for a new user but all existing users have their settings stored in their home directory and it won't be overwritten.

Most of the changes are lower level changes.
Thanks for that info. I didn't see the minimize function there before.
All is good now. :D
mintnoob

Post by mintnoob »

I can't get my wifi to work. Solutions?

Also, is there a thumbnailer for video icons? I tried FFmpegthumbnailer, but didn't seem to work.
palmito_bom

Post by palmito_bom »

This baby is so fast!!! I'm still trying to get RC1 to work properly with files-- I noticed on running the final version of MInt LXDE "live" that it has pcmanfm version 0.5.2 but my RC1 is 0.5.1 even after a few update refreshes. Will this eventually get updated or is there a manual workaround? if this doesn't work I'll go ahead and reinstall the whole thing I guess.

Return to “Software & Applications”