2007 Macbook - no sound from headphone jack

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
souslefauteuil

2007 Macbook - no sound from headphone jack

Post by souslefauteuil »

Hello all,

I just installed Linux Mint 8 (main edition, not universal) on my Macbook (bought in August 2007) this evening, and everything's going well so far except trying to get sound out of my headphones. I have been searching Google with all different combinations of keywords for the past hour and a half trying to find a fix, but I can't figure it out. I get sound from my computer's speakers if I unplug my headphones, but as soon as I plug them in there's no sound at all.

I downloaded the latest ALSA driver and attempted to mod it as instructed on this page: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... omments/49, but got a ton of errors building it so it didn't work.

I also installed the gnome-alsamixer from the Package Manager, and that did nothing as well.

I'm a Linux newbie -- this is my first time having anything besides Windows or OS X installed on my computer -- so I'm kind of completely lost right now. If anybody has any help or advice they could offer (hopefully in a newbie-friendly way), I would be extremely appreciative. (I just want to listen to my music while my roommate is sleeping!). If there is any other information you need me to post, please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jay514

Re: 2007 Macbook - no sound from headphone jack

Post by Jay514 »

Welcome To Linux Mint
I am unsure about Macs as I do not know what the specs of your sound card are , although you may find one of the routes & or links in the How To Post loacated HERE = http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32293
I hope this helps, Have a Good Day

Return to “Hardware Support”