Shiki theme improvement

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xxxxiangxxxx

Shiki theme improvement

Post by xxxxiangxxxx »

Shiki color has been one of the most professional theme I've seen (I also like Dust). However, there are two areas that I think needs more polishing: the scrollbar and the buttons.

In name of elegance and minimalism, I think the scrollbar needs to be round, thinner, and dark-colored. As for the buttons, the background and color look ugly.
http://gnome-look.org/content/preview.p ... iki-Colors

Take a look at this theme made by Levi -The Perfectionist:
http://web.mac.com/lemasproductions/LOC ... Skins.html

Notice the same and simple background used for the buttons. Also noticed the stunningly beautiful blue background of clicked buttons.

I think instead of making the clicked buttons more as "pressed," one should simply have it as "clicked."
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Shiki theme improvement

Post by remoulder »

Themes are a personal choice and not everyone likes the mac designs. You are free to create and publish your own themes if you do not like the existing ones.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
xxxxiangxxxx

Post by xxxxiangxxxx »

aw ok... But now looking back, I see that I had such a heavy attitude.
tdrusk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tdrusk »

Personally, the largest improvement i can see for this theme would be the close button area. i want to be able to throw my mouse in the top right corner, click, and close a window. shiki doesn't allow that.
libssd
Level 4
Level 4

Post by libssd »

tdrusk wrote:Personally, the largest improvement i can see for this theme would be the close button area. i want to be able to throw my mouse in the top right corner, click, and close a window. shiki doesn't allow that.
What? Buttons left/right choice is part of the desktop settings preferences. You can also change button locs using gconf-editor, but this is much easier.
tdrusk
Level 1
Level 1

Post by tdrusk »

libssd wrote:
tdrusk wrote:Personally, the largest improvement i can see for this theme would be the close button area. i want to be able to throw my mouse in the top right corner, click, and close a window. shiki doesn't allow that.
What? Buttons left/right choice is part of the desktop settings preferences. You can also change button locs using gconf-editor, but this is much easier.
nah what i mean is, if you just throw your mouse in the corner(either right or left due to preference) and click you aren't clicking the button, you are clicking an edge. you have to move your mouse to the far corner, then move it back a bit just to close the windows.
kvv

Post by kvv »

xxxxiangxxxx wrote:I think instead of making the clicked buttons more as "pressed," one should simply have it as "clicked."
This is a very good observation. It looks less like a "toy" and more compact.
I agree. But which theme are you talking about?

Also, can the exact positions of the buttons be changed in gconf-editor?
jesica

Post by jesica »

nice one

Return to “Your Artwork”