problem with GRUB

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
C#R#

problem with GRUB

Post by C#R# »

Hi,
After install mint helena with XFCE in a Pavilion ze4600 with windows partition, I really surprized with the system, very very good !!!
but, when start the machine and grub runs, this read only the firt key pressed... if enter, runs the mint, if
down key, the highlight goes down, but any other key is read by the grub, if page down, the highlight goes to windows option, but enter or
any other key have no effects, and go to ether....
Before mint helena, I tried the mint 7 (gnome),sabayon, and fedora too, and these works fine.....

Anybody can help, please ??

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Robin

Re: problem with GRUB

Post by Robin »

I've read that Grub2 is kinda buggy still. That's why some of the distros that aim for super-stability won't use it. There's probably a way to edit the Grub so it will behave (Google it!), but if I had that problem, I don't think I would fix anything! If I want to run Mint, I'd just Enter. If I want to run Windows, I'd simply highlight it and let let Grub boot it up.

Happily running Mint 8 Xfce trouble-free,
Robin
C#R#

Re: problem with GRUB

Post by C#R# »

Hi,

If you have a same problem, I tried the GRUB legacy and don't work.... after this, I tried the burg (animated grub) and this works fine.
In portuguese, here a way to install:
http://www.vivaolinux.com.br/artigo/Gru ... BURG-nele/

Thanks.

Return to “Xfce”