webcam mic only?

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Destitute

webcam mic only?

Post by Destitute »

Hi
I recently installed Helena and it works great! However, one major problem I have is with the webcam. It works fine with my windows 7 partition. However, in linux, I was using skype. and during a sound test, my mic did not record sound. The webcam and microphone are build into my Asus EEE 1005HA-MU17-BK netbook. It can't be a problem with my Linux Skype, because I tried it in Cheese too, and no sound was recorded

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
beefstu

Re: webcam mic only?

Post by beefstu »

Goto sound In the menu and goto the input tab and see if your microphone is selected. Just play with the setting on that and the hardware tab until the input tab shows a level when you make a noise.
Destitute

Post by Destitute »

I tried, it only gives me one device to select (it was already selected as well) and playing with the amplification bar in the input and hardware still did not move the bar at all

Also, is there any specific name that might appear for the device name if they were referring to my mic? It says Internal Audio Analog Stereo as my input device
beefstu

Post by beefstu »

Hi, on my laptop, the hardware tab has Analogue Stereo Duplex selected on the profile list, and the input tab has Internal Audio Analogue Stereo.

Return to “Hardware Support”