Acer Aspire One D250 Networking problems

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Acer Aspire One D250 Networking problems

Post by Husse »

More facts are needed
- please read these simple rules
Please include the dead link
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MerelyJim

Post by MerelyJim »

Umm... it doesn't look like anyone responded to this after the initial answer. I installed Mint 8 the other night on the same model netbook you have and it looks like between 6 and 8, the problem has been resolved on my end. I hope you found this to be the case as well.
Midnighter
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Midnighter »

I have this exact model. I have linux mint 8 on it and everything seems to work fine, no issues. Mint 6 is over a year old, and the Acer Aspire One is relatively new. I honestly suggest installing the newer version *). I left XP with a 40GB install (just for whatever), and gave the rest of the 160 to Mint 8, and all works no problems. I reacall having issues with my atheros wireless chipset in laptop with earlier version of mint and ubuintu, but the later versions had better native drivers. And the D250 uses atheros also. Newer OS, better supported. :)

Return to “Hardware Support”