Sound destination on Acer laptop

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
phil1349

Sound destination on Acer laptop

Post by phil1349 »

I have an Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop dual booting Windows 7 & Mint 7. Everything seems to work fine under both OSs except the sound output.

With W 7, if I am playing a media file, MP3, WMA or whatever and I wish to send the output to an external amplifier, all I have to do is plug a jack lead into the appropriate socket when the internal speakers are cut off and sound goes to the external amplifier. All standard stuff as audio devices have been doing this for years.

The problem is that when running mint, sound playback works just fine except that when a jack is plugged in to take the sound to an external amplifier nothing happens. There is no signal on the plugged-in lead and the internal speakers are not cut.

Can anyone explain this and suggest a workaround ? All suggestions gratefully received.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jay514

Re: Sound destination on Acer laptop

Post by Jay514 »

Welcome To Linux Mint
There is a comprehensive sound help How To Guide, that may have some answers HERE = http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32293
I Hope this helps, Have a Good Day.

Return to “Hardware Support”