Live CD in German?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
airmaniac
Level 1
Level 1

Live CD in German?

Post by airmaniac »

First, a big HELLO @all!

I had already tried the 2.0 version of Mint - it had impressed me quite a lot. Normally using Ubuntu since two years, I had no difficulties installing or using Mint... Yesterday, I downloaded Bea.

2.0 came with various languages, among which there was also German, right? So, I was a little disappointed to see only English and French in the boot menu. Mint has the potential to bring a lot of people to Linux - rock solid Ubuntu in the background with everything installed the "non-interested" users would like.

But in the current configuration with only two languages to boot, I see little chance to capture many addicts here in my home country... Or have I simply downloaded the "wrong" ISO?

On my Notebook (slightly outdated Fujitsu-Siemens Lifebook C1020), Mint runs perfectly - with German installed after install.

I
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Welcome to the Minty place :D
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi,

- The language support was taken out of Bea because the text from Barbara was referring to Ubuntu and that wasn't suitable

- We only found translators for English and French. If you're willing to help you can translate isolinux in German (I'll tell interested people how to do that for their language, contact me by PM).

- Once installed you can activate German here: System->Administration->Language Support.

Clem
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi No-Aim,

What info do you need? Once you've got those two files in German that's it.. we've got German support.

Clem
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

No-Aim wrote:Ok, then i'll go into my chamber, just with the Live cd, my PC and a glas of water, see u next year :-P
Auf wiedersehen!
Prosit Neujahr!

Return to “Installation & Boot”