Several missing Dutch translations in Linux Mint 8.

Help make Linux Mint support your language.
Forum rules
No support questions here please

Several missing Dutch translations in Linux Mint 8.

Postby Duysterwald on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 am

Hello everyone,

I use the 64-bit version of Linux Mint 8 and I thought I should mention that some parts of Synaptic have been left untranslated for the Dutch language (mainly in the menus). :) Please see the screenshots below to see what I mean:

Also, some things have been left untranslated in the screencapture tool as well, plus there is one spelling mistake ("huidige" should be "huidig"):

Last but not least, some program descriptions in the menu of Mint are also left untranslated:

I am sorry if someone else has already reported this before me (I looked, but I couldn't find it) - in that case, please forgive me. :oops:

Either way, thank you for your time and please keep up the good work with Linux Mint! :D 8)
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself." ~ Oscar Wilde
Duysterwald
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Several missing Dutch translations in Linux Mint 8.

Postby midas on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:12 am

Hello Duysterwald...most of the translations are prepared and arranged by a small dutch-translation team. They translate most of the Mint-specific packages (Mint-tools) into the dutch language. They use the Launchpad-system to see or to know if there are any 'blind-spots' left...or packages not properly translated into dutch. So, for specific questions it is better to become forummember of the official dutch LinuxMint website, I am sure all your questions will be answered:

http://www.linuxmint-nl.org

By the way, is your system-language properly set on 'dutch'? I am using Ubuntu Karmic now and Synaptic is already properly translated by upstream packagers.

Greetz,midas
Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon (64 bits)
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Translations