Several missing Dutch translations in Linux Mint 8.

Help translate Linux Mint to other languages
Forum rules
No support questions here please. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Duysterwald

Several missing Dutch translations in Linux Mint 8.

Post by Duysterwald »

Hello everyone,

I use the 64-bit version of Linux Mint 8 and I thought I should mention that some parts of Synaptic have been left untranslated for the Dutch language (mainly in the menus). :) Please see the screenshots below to see what I mean:

Also, some things have been left untranslated in the screencapture tool as well, plus there is one spelling mistake ("huidige" should be "huidig"):

Last but not least, some program descriptions in the menu of Mint are also left untranslated:

I am sorry if someone else has already reported this before me (I looked, but I couldn't find it) - in that case, please forgive me. :oops:

Either way, thank you for your time and please keep up the good work with Linux Mint! :D 8)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
midas
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Several missing Dutch translations in Linux Mint 8.

Post by midas »

Hello Duysterwald...most of the translations are prepared and arranged by a small dutch-translation team. They translate most of the Mint-specific packages (Mint-tools) into the dutch language. They use the Launchpad-system to see or to know if there are any 'blind-spots' left...or packages not properly translated into dutch. So, for specific questions it is better to become forummember of the official dutch LinuxMint website, I am sure all your questions will be answered:

http://www.linuxmint-nl.org

By the way, is your system-language properly set on 'dutch'? I am using Ubuntu Karmic now and Synaptic is already properly translated by upstream packagers.

Greetz,midas
Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon (64 bits)

Return to “Translations”