Mint Rocks!!!!!!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Mint Rocks!!!!!!

Post by gman »

I am a former PCLinuxOS user who swore I would not go to another dsitro. I just bought a new laptop and had problems with PCLinuxOS. I tried Ubuntu and Kubutnu and while tyhey worked, they were not offering anything special. I decided to try Mint. I have to say Mint rocks!!!!!!!!

Mint will be to Ubuntu what PCLicuxOS was to Mandrake. I have no doubt that within six months Mint will be top of Linux distors. Based on my experience I have two how to docs in the works to make the transition to Mint easier for new users. MINT ROCKS. Wow you have have a awesome distro!!!!!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

waoo.. thanks :)

Clem
antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Post by antiquexray »

I have to agree with respect to Mint. I've been messing around with different distros for about 3 years now trying many different ones, but I always come back to mint.

I recently tried PClinusOS as well. On one computer I couldn't get passed the wireless setup, and on another it wouldn't boot to the livecd.

Following Shane Joe Larar's, made one of my older boxes a dual boot with Mint and XP. Mint runs just fine on it (it has a 1200 MHz chip) but XP is really jerky.

After some more experimenting, I'm going to make my main laptop dual boot as well. Linux provides me with all the tools I need about 95% of the time. In those cases were I really need MS, I'll just boot to that.
Adler
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Adler »

Hi All,

I've used SuSE since 9.0, tried all the latest 10+ stuff, ran Ubuntu since their first release, but love the Mint!

Truly a great Linux Distro.

Thanks Clem.

Adler
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

Oh yeah! Loving the Mint!

I'm planning on installing Mint on my niece's computer, Mint is the first distro that I fell I can inflict on window$ users without totally losing them!

Long live Mint! :P :D
Patrissimo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Patrissimo »

I goofed up my home computer trying to dual boot with xp and another distro, wiped it out completely. So I installed Mint as my only OS.

I live in Thailand, where I can buy pirated software for next to nothing at any shopping mall. So I thought I'd play with Mint until I hit a wall and had to go back to Windows and it's related software. After all, I'm not very computer savvy.

Well, that was a couple of months ago. Mint is still my only OS, I'm still waiting to hit that wall. There isn't anything that I've been unable to do (except play poker at my favorite poker site.)

What a great distro!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”