Gladexml

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

Gladexml

Post by OU812 »

Hello. I am trying to launch "gdvdsrhink". When launched from a terminal, I get the following message:
Can't locate Gtk2/GladeXML.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at ./gDVDshrink.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./gDVDshrink.pl line 5.
I tried to search for "glade" in synaptic, but there are a few packages that sound very similar. Please help me find the correct package to install. Thanks.

john
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

As you are trying to run a PERL program I am quite sure that you're missing this one: libglade-perl .... apt-get install it and then try again please.
OU812
Level 3
Level 3

Post by OU812 »

I tried your suggestion, but no joy: same error message. So I decided to use the brute force method to find the correct package. My next attempt was "libgladexml-perl": no joy. My final attempt was "libgtk2-gladexml-perl": that really hit the spot. Thanks for your help.

john

P.S. I installed gdvdshrink and lxdvdshrink because while backing up a dvd with k9copy, I got some sort of piping error. These apps are similar, but use a different method: "dumping" instead of "piping". I chose these over xdvdsrhink since about the only extra dependencies they need are libgtk2-gladexml-perl and lsdvd (the remaining dependencies seem to already be on the mint iso).

Return to “Sound”