Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid -- Manual

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vrkalak

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid -- Manual

Post by vrkalak »

Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx LTS is due to be released tomorrow.

Mint-9 will be based on this distribution.

The NEW Ubuntu Lucid Manual has just been released.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/04/ubun ... eased.html

Download it as a PDF file and learn everything about Ubuntu Lucid, and ultimately Mint-9 there is to know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid -- Manual

Post by Oscar799 »

Thanks vrkalak,
Very useful document :P
chipps61

Post by chipps61 »

And Ubuntu 10.04 is now available on Ubuntu's web site. Let the Mint 9 begin :)
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

chipps61 wrote:And Ubuntu 10.04 is now available on Ubuntu's web site. Let the Mint 9 begin :)
The Fluxbox edition is already on DEV-005. :wink:
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Kendall wrote:
chipps61 wrote:And Ubuntu 10.04 is now available on Ubuntu's web site. Let the Mint 9 begin :)
The Fluxbox edition is already on DEV-005. :wink:
I know that 'all' the Mint Team of Devs are already working through the night, and coding (typing) their little fingers to the bone, but ...
For this NEW LTS of Mint-9 ... I hope we get all the different versions released in a timely manner. :D
z06gal

Post by z06gal »

Amen to this!!! I know it is supposed to be May but any idea when? I cannot help my excitement for this release. :D
Superewza

Post by Superewza »

I'm posting from the LiveCD now... it's a lot less than i thought it would be. They haven't really implemented the whole 'rebranding' structure yet and other than the theme i can't tell what's different. Maybe i've just become too accustomed to the brilliant layout and software of Mint, but i'm just not as impressed as i thought i would be. This was, in my mind, going to be the final push required to make it a serious contender in the home OS world but i'm not so sure any more.

I miss my MintMenu!
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Superewza wrote:I'm posting from the LiveCD now... it's a lot less than i thought it would be. They haven't really implemented the whole 'rebranding' structure yet and other than the theme i can't tell what's different. Maybe i've just become too accustomed to the brilliant layout and software of Mint, but i'm just not as impressed as i thought i would be. This was, in my mind, going to be the final push required to make it a serious contender in the home OS world but i'm not so sure any more.

I miss my MintMenu!
Agreed I was far from impressed :roll: Kubuntu 10.04 also appears to be the usual joke of a release as well :? :o :shock:
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Like with all the previous Ubuntu releases ... you need to give it couple weeks (or a month) for the Devs to work out all the bugs.

When, you have to meet such a strict deadline, as a release date, it's difficult to workout everything. Even with all the Alphas, Betas and the RC.
One of the main reasons everyone like Mint ... is that the Mint Devs take their time and make sure everything works 'before' it's released.

I never download a 'new' release, until it's had a while to 'get fixes'
I ordered a FREE LiveCD of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid -- expect 4-6 weeks for delivery -- I'll wait 'til then before installing Lucid
Superewza

Post by Superewza »

One thing i will say though is that the software manager is quite good, but not perfect. I hope they don't choose one or the other for Mint 9 and integrate parts of both.
denyu

Post by denyu »

vrkalak wrote:Like with all the previous Ubuntu releases ... you need to give it couple weeks (or a month) for the Devs to work out all the bugs.

When, you have to meet such a strict deadline, as a release date, it's difficult to workout everything. Even with all the Alphas, Betas and the RC.
One of the main reasons everyone like Mint ... is that the Mint Devs take their time and make sure everything works 'before' it's released.

I never download a 'new' release, until it's had a while to 'get fixes'
I ordered a FREE LiveCD of Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid -- expect 4-6 weeks for delivery -- I'll wait 'til then before installing Lucid
I am afraid you will not use the Free LiveCD vrkalak... because you will download LM9 and installed it before your Free LiveCD arrive... :D
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

denyu wrote: I am afraid you will not use the Free LiveCD vrkalak... because you will download LM9 and installed it before your Free LiveCD arrive... :D
Of course, I will install Mint-9 Xfce, as my primary OS . . . but, I have several Linux OS distros on my PC. :P

My histroy with Linux, has shown me, that ... "I don't like any Ubuntu distro over Mint." :mrgreen: it's fun to play with.
COKEDUDE

Post by COKEDUDE »

Thx for the manual.

Return to “Chat about Linux”