Mint's Future

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chinaski

Mint's Future

Post by Chinaski »

What are the future plans for mint? Will it still be here 2 years from now?
How long will support last for a version?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Security updates last at least a year and a half for every release and the Support Center supports its customer on any Linux Mint releases and with any linux related questions they might have (mint-specific or not).

As for the future, 2 years is a lot of time and I hope we'll be as vibrant as we are now with a much wider user-base and a group of companies as well. We'll be focusing on two aspects: innovation (as we're doing now with cutting edge technology and fast cycle new developments) and business (with a pro edition and better solutions for companies to switch to Mint on their desktops). We want to become the number one choice for the desktop. I believe we can achieve that both at home and in the company. Our strongest (and also weakest) concurrent is Microsoft Windows, and looking at its market share I am pretty sure we are going to grow.

Will Windows be much different in 2 years? Will it be the same? Are we in a positition today to compete against it? Will we in 2 years? The future is bright and I'm really confident about it. Linux will eventually replace Windows on the PC market and Mint will be there among the main actors in this new market.

Clem
Chinaski

Post by Chinaski »

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to install mint on my desktop pc and my laptop. :)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Not at all. It's going to be free like any other edition. The difference is that it will focus on stability more than on innovation.

Clem

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”