Linux Mint Fluxbox 9

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
James360

Linux Mint Fluxbox 9

Post by James360 »

I am just curious...is there any progress for Linux Mint Fluxbox 9? Thank you.

James
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kendall

Re: Linux Mint Fluxbox 9

Post by Kendall »

Actually yes. There are four development builds thus far, mostly on account of the menu system. Shane, though he no longer maintains the edition, has kept it upon himself to continue maintaining mint-fm2 which is the menu system for Mint Fluxbox. Essentially I'm waiting for the "go ahead" from Clem before I start diving into anything, all hardcore like, but there is amazing progress on the Fluxbox front and I think you'll be impressed with the finished product.
James360

Post by James360 »

I am looking forward to using Linux Mint Fluxbox 9. Do you have ETA for the release?

James
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

James,

Rarely are there ETA's here at Mint, but I'll start heavier development as soon as the Gnome edition hits a stable release. Thanks for your patience.
James360

Post by James360 »

I have no problem waiting for the new version. I am going to download Peppermint and try it out.

I am still wondering how you manage your full time job, develop Peppermint, and maintain LXDE and Fluxbox Linux Mint edtion.

James
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

James360 wrote:I am still wondering how you manage your full time job, develop Peppermint, and maintain LXDE and Fluxbox Linux Mint edtion.
I haven't been to sleep since November and I average 37 shots of espresso each day. :D

More seriously, I can use each distro as a learning platform for the next. There were a lot of lessons learned in Mint 8 Fluxbox that applied to Mint 8 LXDE. There were a lot of lessons learned in Mint 8 LXDE that applied to Peppermint. There were a lot of lessons learned so far in Peppermint that have applied to the early Mint 9 stuff. It takes patience and it takes effort. I'm unmarried and I don't have either children nor a large family. Thus far it's not been difficult to manage multiple distros and a full time job. My work schedule is about to change dramatically (as in "much busier") but it's still within my capacity to handle such things. I still maintain a very active social life as well. I get out more often than is probably healthy, but I have a very strong and supportive group of friends.

I will say that my personal life takes a priority over what I'm doing in any project, and I'm not willing to cut that short for anything. My friends and my family come first, my job comes second, my personal time comes third, and my support of open source projects comes fourth.
James360

Post by James360 »

Kendall,

You're the man of purpose. I respect how you established your priorities.

James
Kendall

Post by Kendall »

For the sake of updating, I'm waiting for the LXDE edition to go as a release candidate before I dive heavier into the Fluxbox edition. Basically the LXDE and Fluxbox editions will be sharing a lot of things and as soon as one hits RC, then I can immediately apply changes to the other and probably have it at an appropriate point to begin testing for an RC within a few days.
James360

Post by James360 »

Kendall,

Thank you for the update. I am looking forward to Linux Mint 9 Fluxbox. I love the configuration for fluxbox.

James

Return to “Software & Applications”