Kernel panic w/ Google Chrome under Isadora

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
adamentos

Kernel panic w/ Google Chrome under Isadora

Post by adamentos »

Hi all,
I'm getting a kernel panic within about 1 minute when trying to browse using Google Chrome. Here is a bit about my setup:

1. Running stable Isadora
2. Machine is a Lenovo T61
3. NVIDIA accelerated graphics driver "version current" (the "recommended" driver)

Actually previously on this machine my OS was Ubuntu Studio based on Lucid 10.4 AND.... I was getting kernel panics with Google Chrome. I brushed it off as perhaps something to do with the realtime kernel Studio uses.

Meanwhile...

...No KPs on my Lenovo with Firefox
...No KPs on my desktop machine (older Fujitsu/Siemens with Lucid) when using Chrome!!

Any ideas??

thanks!
Adam
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Kernel panic w/ Google Chrome under Isadora

Post by remoulder »

If you are using the unstable version of chrome, you need to report the problem to Google, otherwise file a bug report on https://bugs.launchpad.net/community.linuxmint.com
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Software & Applications”