problem installing software

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

Hi,
You can install any and all the packages that you have in you linux-Mint CD or DVD with the standard installers such as Adept or using the console with apt-get install, or if you have it in your cd/dvd with synaptic.
Let's assume that you want to install packages that are not in your cd/dvd, then you can get the packages from many sources and save it to add to you repositories, is they are ubuntu packages you just use the same installers mentioned above, if they are debian packages you can use Gdebi, and if they are other well known formats, then, you can use alien for the installation.
I am no expert and have hardly the need to go through all the configuration process myself I just use the available installers. Others may prefer - and know how to do it- to configure their packages for particular reasons: servers, developers, etc,
Hope it may help,

Ido

Note: I am beyond apologizing for my english, or should I say ¨spanglish¨ as much as saying okay for the occasional ¨englispam¨ that I read. I guess we are beyond that and enjoying ourselves nontheless...:)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

Glad you did it! Good luck,

Ido

Return to “Beginner Questions”