What is the BEST? Envy or Restricted Nvidia Drives?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
maduranga
Level 1
Level 1

What is the BEST? Envy or Restricted Nvidia Drives?

Post by maduranga »

Hello... :)
I just want to install Nvidia drivers to get the Compiz Fusion installed and running on my pc. But still don't know what method to use to get the Nvidia driver installed. What I want is GOOD PERFORMANCE and QUALITY.. so what do you suggest to use? what method you are using to install Nvidia and ATI drivers :?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Use Envy to install drivers. Select Cassandra --> System Tools --> Envy. That launches the GUI to install / remove drivers.
maduranga
Level 1
Level 1

Post by maduranga »

yep.. can use envy. but i have heard that some people says that installing drivers through envy can cause problem when the kernel is updated to a newer version? what is the way to get the latest nvidia driver? and the way to get most out of my vga card?
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

madduranga said:
but i have heard that some people says that installing drivers through envy can cause problem when the kernel is updated to a newer version?
I believe that issue was fixed. Look at Alberto's blog and post the question there. I've had no problems in any case, since Envy is included in Linux Mint, it is as simple as running envy again. :wink:

The blog is at: http://albertomilone.com/wordpress/

Return to “Other topics”