Isadora Disk Labels

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dawgdoc

Isadora Disk Labels

Post by dawgdoc »

Here is my go at a label for a DVD.

Image Image
DVD label for printing_____DVD label with spacing for lightscribe (elements pushed towards the edges)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I tested a lightscribe burn and LaCie's application resized the image. If your label printing program will not resize the first image for a stick on label or disk which you print onto, let me know and I will try to resize the image if you are unable to.

EDIT 1 : I have resized the above images to be disk sized.

EDIT 2 : Here is the current source of the two images posted. As I update the source I will make it available, probably as one file with many hidden layers. Source Corrupted will repost once I rebuild the images.

ADDITIONAL LABELS (included revised Gnome 32 bit DVD label) (31 May 10)

Image Image Image Image
Gnome 32 bit CD________Gnome 32 bit DVD______Gnome 64 bit CD________Gnome 64 bit DVD

LXDE 32 bit CD (no release date since it is not final)

Image Image
KDE 32 bit DVD__________KDE 64 bit DVD

Image Image
XFCE 32 bit CD__________XFCE 64 bit CD

Image Image
Fluxbox 32 bit CD_______LMDE 32 bit DVD
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
teemac
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Isadora Disk Labels

Post by teemac »

Looks great - I will use this on the disks I burn for peoples 32 bit machines.

Any chance of the source files or at least a 64Bit DVD version.

Thanks for your work.
i7 7700K Asus Maximus IX Hero - 16gb ram - Water Cooled - 2xEVO970 M2, 2x4tb HDD - nVidia gtx1050ti - Mint17 & 19.1 x64 Cinnamon
i7 920 Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - 6gb ram - Air - 6x2tb,2x3tb HDD - nVidia GTX750ti - Mint17 & 19.1 x64 Cinnamon
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

teemac wrote:Looks great - I will use this on the disks I burn for peoples 32 bit machines.

Any chance of the source files or at least a 64Bit DVD version.

Thanks for your work.
Would you prefer the lightscribe variety or the "normal" disk variety?

It may take me a day or two. I thought I was thinking ahead to allow for additional versions by making layers. I left out the important layer of the text objects prior to converting them to paths.

I added the source files, as is, to the original post in an archive. As I add versions I will update the posted source file archive.
teemac
Level 1
Level 1

Post by teemac »

Normal disk CD/DVD version would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the quick reply - have just been writing on the disk with a marker, but Mint deserves better.
i7 7700K Asus Maximus IX Hero - 16gb ram - Water Cooled - 2xEVO970 M2, 2x4tb HDD - nVidia gtx1050ti - Mint17 & 19.1 x64 Cinnamon
i7 920 Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - 6gb ram - Air - 6x2tb,2x3tb HDD - nVidia GTX750ti - Mint17 & 19.1 x64 Cinnamon
distrohopper

Post by distrohopper »

I'm not a fan of the font used for 'Isadora', it should really be something else.. more elegant. It looks good overall though. Just not a fan of that font.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

distrohopper wrote:I'm not a fan of the font used for 'Isadora', it should really be something else.. more elegant. It looks good overall though. Just not a fan of that font.
I actually agree with you. What I dislike most is the A's in Isadora, then the R. This is the font that looked best to matching that in the LinuxMint logo. The logo is going to be impossible to match, since several fonts (2 - 3) are used in it. I wanted to only use one font. Even at that, I altered many of the letters in the font. Next may be an attempt to alter the R then the A. I looked ahead and do not much care for the K or X that I will use in the KDE, Xfce and LXDE versions. I saw a mention of a font I have been unable to find which may be a better match; Rothwell or some such.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

dawgdoc wrote: Next may be an attempt to alter the R then the A.
I have slightly modified the R, and changed the version look. I will have additional links posted today. I am still having trouble with the source file. It links to the background file instead of incorporating the background and the link breaks when when the file is posted. I will post the Gnome 32 and 64 bit, CD and DVD, and LXDE CD editions shortly.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

I have revised the Gnome 32 bit DVD label, added labels for Gnome 32 bit CD label, Gnome 64 bit CD & DVD, and LXDE CD.

See the first post of the topic.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

I have added KDE disk labels to the original post. I will add release dates to the KDE and LXDE versions as they are announced.

@teemac, would you still like me to post the source file? It will be in svg format, and I have not figured out how to embed the background so that it does not break the link to the images. So you would have to add a background to anything I post.
gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

i got one question, how do i "apply"these awesome :wink: :D :) covers to my home burned cd or dvd? do i have to glue them? or stamp them, i litterlerly have no idea. :(
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

You could buy the sheets of pre-made labels and print these on them with your inkjet.

Another option would be to use lightscribe disks, although I think the elements of the label are too near the center to use with lightscribe disks. If so, I can make another set of labels with the elements more spread out. Let me know if you want me to.

I am not sure if Brasero was an option to format/print disk labels or not. I have been able to get lightscribe to work easily with Mint 7, haven't tried yet with Mint 9.
teemac
Level 1
Level 1

Post by teemac »

@Dawgdoc

Now not needed - what you have produced for download, does it all.

Thanks again for your artistic work.

I'm tone deaf in both eyes and colour blind in both hands, so your work much appreciated.
ridz1ba

Post by ridz1ba »

Nice job drawdoc :)

Not to be pushy - when will the Fluxbox and XFCE (and perhaps the new Debian) editions be available?
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

ridz1ba wrote:Nice job drawdoc :)

Not to be pushy - when will the Fluxbox and XFCE (and perhaps the new Debian) editions be available?
It should only be a day or so for the XFCE, I have most of the work for it complete. Fluxbox and LMDE should be next week at the latest.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Well, I guess I got a little more completed than I expected to.

I have appended the disk labels for the Fluxbox and both XFCE editions to the original post.
I will probably get to the LMDE edition this weekend.
ridz1ba

Post by ridz1ba »

Thanks dawgdoc - now my CD's and DVD's looks nice :)

It's a pity that I have to use Windows to print the labels on my Canon ip4500 printer - no Mint 9 equivalent of the Canon LabelPrint program!
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

And now a LMDE 32 bit DVD label has been added to the original post.
zombie
Level 3
Level 3

Post by zombie »

dawgdoc wrote:And now a LMDE 32 bit DVD label has been added to the original post.
LMDE is a not a version of Isadora (It's a rolling distribution) so "Isadora" should be removed from the label.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

zombie wrote:LMDE is a not a version of Isadora (It's a rolling distribution) so "Isadora" should be removed from the label.
True, and in the same light the 9 should be removed also.

But for now I will leave the label as is because the Mint tools, except for the search capability in the Menu, are pretty much identical to Isadora, as is the default wallpaper. Also, I have not thought about how I would redesign the label and am too lazy to think about it at the moment.
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

I have replaced the LMDE disk label with a corrected one. :)

Return to “Your Artwork”