Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
djross95
Level 1
Level 1

Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Post by djross95 »

I am running Mint 9 on an iMac using Virtual Box 3.2. Everything is working perfectly except audio. When I try to play a song, or when listening to audio on a website, the sound stutters badly--it's virtually unlistenable. I'm not sure if this is related to running Mint in a virtual machine or not. I've fiddled with the audio settings to no effect. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks for your help in advance! DR
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
djross95
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Post by djross95 »

Anyone with any thoughts on this question? Am I the only one having this problem? :( Thanks, DR
bovardj

Re: Stuttering Audio in LM 9 Running Under VirtualBox

Post by bovardj »

Hey! I just solved this issue with the help of the VB forums. (I'm assuming you're running the Gnome version of LM 9, I am)

Open gedit (OpenOffice won't work, I don't know why) and copy/paste the following three lines into it.

options snd-intel8x0 ac97_clock=48000
options snd slots=snd-intel8x0
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0

Save the file as "sound". Find the file (in documents or wherever you saved it) and change the name to "sound.conf"

Type alt+F2. In the window that pops up type in "gksudo nautilus" then hit return. Type in your password.

Now you should be in a red File Browser. (that means you have root privilege) Now move the sound.conf file into File System/etc/modprobe.d

This should solve your issue. (You may have to log out and back in or restart LM 9)

Return to “Hardware Support”