Hello Mint people!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KenB

Hello Mint people!

Post by KenB »

Hi forum members,

Just joined the forum and thought a quick intro would be appropriate. I'm a bit of a forum nut - I join and participate in many forums for just about everything that I work or play with: motorcycles, Motorola Androids, Silverlight and Flex development, Agile project management, sailing, laptops, and cars. I've learned a lot through forums over the years and enjoy participating and sharing.

I've dabbled lightly with Linux for many years, going back to 1995. But I've never gotten into it, or any particular distro, very seriously. I've recently had a run of bad luck with some health problems (getting better though!) and have more free time than normal. During this downtime, I was planning to format one of my laptops (have one for work and one for personal use) when I came across a great review for Mint 9. My curiosity piqued and I decided to ditch Windows on my personal machine and am typing this post in Chromium from a new Mint installation. So far, I love it!

I have some research to do, some tweaking, some playing, and having fun doing it. I need to get my web cam working, install some apps, and figure out how to print to a printer shared on a Windows 7 desktop machine. And I'm pretty sure I'll find what I need to learn here.

So, thanks for having me. And thanks to the fine folks who created this elegant distro. I've tried many Linux flavors, and this one is truly incredible. My financial contribution for your efforts is forthcoming and I'm happy to chip in!

Best regards,
Ken
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Jay514

Re: Hello Mint people!

Post by Jay514 »

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your Mint already, Welcome to Linux Mint & The Forums. We have a wonderful Community Here & many Knowledgeable Users who are glad to help. Happy Minting.
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Welcome to LinuxMint and the Mint Forum.

We are glad to have you here.

Speaking of belonging to various Forums ... I bet I belong to over 50 Linux Forums.
Some more, some less ... and I participate in all of them. :lol:
This Forum the most. :mrgreen:
mintymintminty
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mintymintminty »

I'm new here myself but welcome to the forum and have a good time with mint :)
KenB

Post by KenB »

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I'm really enjoying Mint, haven't booted to Windows since I installed Mint, and happily donated to the cause last night. I'm learning it quickly and liking it a lot!

Ken
asymmetros

Post by asymmetros »

Hello! :D
I first tried Linux about a couple of weeks ago and, after trying different live cd's i ve chosen mint. Dual boot with win first, and then, the last three days, a fresh installation (Isadora) with no win's at all.

Everything till now works perfectly, i do not miss a single thing, i enjoy the layout and the customization tools and i definitely can do my work in less time.

I also do believe that Mint is much more user friendly than windows. Take as an example how easy is to find and install the appropriate programs.

Of course, i m planing to learn some basic things for the terminal and read some manuals (btw, mint is well organized there) but its worthing the time.

So, hi again and see you around!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”