"powered By Linux Mint"

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
TheTeZ

Re: "powered By Linux Mint"

Post by TheTeZ »

i really like the green back ground, i think the wax stickers i get made will look like that... ill ned to edit it a hair, get rod of the white lines... which i dont think are supposed to be there.... but those look great, if you want a copy of the current sticker, pm me and send me a self addressed stamped envelope.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Heh, I'm on a little laptop screen and hadn't zoomed before submitting so I never saw those hairlines. I'll try to get rid of them and update the pics in the morning. Glad the concept works, though.
killyourfm

Post by killyourfm »

rich_roast wrote:I had a go at this:

here and here. (The image doesn't resize on this board so inline viewing's out, sorry).
I'm digging the one with with the Mint logo tucked behind, thanks so much for doing this! It'll start making the rounds on our website and inside our podcasts. Really appreciate the effort.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Glad to hear that feedback; I'm digging through email right now but I'll try to give it a polish today if I can (there are some hairlines in the tag and a shadow might give your logo a bit of relief over Mint's tag)

[Update:]It's finally done: link. [edit:]Forgot to remove white background; transparent version here.

I'll update the xcf on divshare too. Done: link
interbird1964

Post by interbird1964 »

The phrase "From Freedom came Elegance",
as it was displayed on former Mint versions,
was a really nice touch.

Too bad this has been replaced by a pulsating (large) mint-logo on the (Helena) live cd
while after install to hd does not even pulsate at all at boot (on my system).
(Not to speak of the very ugly login because gdm2 is inherited from ubuntu)
(And also not to speak of the grub2; but that's something i can live with once i get familiar with it)

Linux Mint is really an eye-catcher and I truly miss the "From Freedom text..." in the startup.
That made a statement !

With the Mint-Tools loosing their name and being blended within,
they also loose their identity.
Mint does also thus.
It looses it's distinction.

Take a look at the Daryna or Elyssa boot-screens.
My opinion is that they were actually quite distinguishing and beautiful.

It's good to share but i's not good to loose identity.

Personally?
I want the mirrored "Linux Mint" logo back with the text "From Freedom came Elegance".
Whenever that screen showed people asked me what it meant.
It was almost as powerful as Apples: "Think Different"
"From Freedom..."

And things must work, not like that flash works in Felicia and not in Helena.
That's a deal-breaker.
Mint was the "Out-of-the-box-working-distro".
With v8 not anymore, sorry.

Recovering...

Ben.
killyourfm

Post by killyourfm »

rich_roast wrote:
[Update:]It's finally done: link. [edit:]Forgot to remove white background; transparent version here.

I'll update the xcf on divshare too. Done: link
Really gorgeous, thanks so much! I'll try to get this out to our listeners as well so they can spread the love.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

it doesnt require money, just send me an envelope that is self adressed and stamped, and i can send you some stickers. the money thing was a donation to help recover costs and to produce future stickers. i dont require it, like i said its a donation, and thats how i look at it.
pm me for my address,
jonymacmadcap

Post by jonymacmadcap »

Hi All,
I am finding the need to "pimp" my notebook. I desperately need a few of these stickers. Say 4 or five. I will gladly support the effort with a donation.

As an aside, since I am crazy about open source now, I wonder if any one has or would make a skin or sticker that would be nice and large to reside on the back side of the laptop monitor. I am thinking the Linux Mint logo, with the text "from freedom comes elegance" right under it in a size like 6"X9" the whole thing to be printed on transparent material (except the logo and text of course, which would be standard shades of Linux Mint greens?) Just a thought.

P.M me with your address so I can send the $$$ and self addressed stamped envelope. Also, does anyone have the same size stickers to add Firefox and pigion? Would be good to have the entire suite of stuff I use...LOL..Im such a junkie
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

Hey, maybe i can make a few firefox ones, and pidgeon ones. please PM me though for the address. Keep in mind i am still on the first round of stickers, i have not yet gotten wax stickers.
tajtona

Post by tajtona »

TheTeZ wrote:Cheap Shared Web Hosting Business Web Hosting
Hey, maybe i can make a few firefox ones, and pidgeon ones. please PM me though for the address. Keep in mind i am still on the first round of stickers, i have not yet gotten wax stickers.

That sounds really cool. When do you anticipate getting wax stickers? Can't wait :D
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

Under the "just so you'll know" topic.

The latest issue of Linux Format Magazine, Issue #132 of June 2010

There is a free page of "Powered by -- " glossy stickers, on the back.
Along with a few general Linux and Desktop Environments stickers and logos/icons.

One of them, is for "Powered by Linux Mint" with the Mint logo and everything. Suitable for laptops.

There about 20 stickers total. For everything Linux related. Check it out.
rich_roast

Post by rich_roast »

Wow that's fantastic news!

I'm definitely investing in a copy 8)
UnklFungus

Post by UnklFungus »

How do I buy just that particular issue?
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

UnklFungus wrote:How do I buy just that particular issue?
I usually, just ... cruise through one of the major bookstores in the Mall.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

UnklFungus,
If you're in the UK try a large branch of ASDA
Chloe

Post by Chloe »

Are there any of these stickers left, TheTeZ? I'd love to have a couple! :D
kbkatz1

Post by kbkatz1 »

These do look very nice. Also, a guy designed this one here on the LM Forum (give him the credit)
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

Yes, Troken did it. I have it on my desktop and menu button:
screenshot2.png
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
Cheesethief

Post by Cheesethief »

Wondering if this is still going on. I would really like one of these stickers. These would be for my desktop, so what they are printed on/with does not matter.

As for Linux format magazine, it is much too expensive to get in the states for a single sticker, $11-$15 for a single issue. I am willing to donate $3-$4 though.
Last edited by Cheesethief on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheTeZ

Post by TheTeZ »

sorry guys!!! i've been away for quite a while, i still have some of the old stock, If you would like a sticker or two still, send me a PM, or e-mail me at tzorn87@optonline.net give me your address, Just tell me you would like a sticker, and ill send you a reply with an address to send a self addressed stamped envelope. I've still got maybe 20 or maybe less left... Sorry guys, like i said i've been away, moving and junk, havent had a real computer set up in quite some time. SORRY!!! im still thinking about the wax stickers, donations have helped, thanks to everyone who gave a buck or two or more. ill try and get ontop of them, its just tough with work and all.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”