Hello Everyone!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robw

Hello Everyone!

Post by robw »

Just thought I'd introduce myself - I have a few questions for elsewhere but this is just to say hello. I've been a LM user since 5, which dual-booted with Windows XP but I ditched Windows at LM6. I've never looked back! For the last few years, my hobby has been messing about with other Linux flavours but I could never get them to work properly and they rarely recognised my printers etc. Then I read about Mint and now I need a new hobby! :lol: I love its balance between working out of the box and the ability to do so much more. Personally I very rarely use the terminal and that's as it should be if a distro is to be accepted mainstream by Windows refugees. I've never experienced a problem or anything I couldn't get Mint to do (and I'm no expert). Mint works 'just like' Windows with none of the down-sides - a major plus is the addition of the necessary codecs etc that other distros don't include. I would never think of going back, I'm a permanent Mint fan :D Anyway, Hi!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Hello robw,

Glad you finally joined the forum. I know, as you have been a Mint user since Elyssa, you are no newbie, so hopefully you will share some of the knowledge you have acquired with those who can use help.
BubbaBlues

Post by BubbaBlues »

Howdy robw. I feel ya my brother. (little hip lingo) And just try playing a flac or avi or even a dvd in Windows without going
codec hunting. Mint-- It's a dope thang. (little street lingo) 8)
robw

Post by robw »

Hi all

Thanks for the replies! I'll do what I can to help out where I can. In a way, it's Mint's out of the box abilities which means I haven't felt the need to venture far into the command line etc. However, I have solved a few snags which I'll endeavour to share.

Cheers!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”