Hi Folks

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
frogimus

Hi Folks

Post by frogimus »

Hello everyone. I've been using Linux for several years, and have tried most major distros. I've mainly stuck to Gentoo the last few years because I like to tweak.

Finally got old and cranky enough to decide to use something that works without a lot of operator intervention and remembered how smooth Mint was (tried Felicia a while back).

Wow. I must say, the installer blew me away. That is. without a doubt, the easiest and most intuitive installer I have ever encountered. I have XP on sda, my linux disk is sdb, and the last 2 are 2Tb drives with my movie collection (all legit, I buy a DVD and copy the ISO straight to this system so I can serve it to the whole house on demand). This is absolutely the first installer I've allowed to format my linux partitions without manually partitioning. (I was a little nervous doing that though)

So far, everything I've installed has been good to go straight off the .deb

Kudos to a great OS

BTW, the x86_64 version of mint 9 from University of Tennessee stops after 5Mb
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Hi Folks

Post by Aging Technogeek »

frogimus,

Welcome to Mint and the Mint forum. Hope you continue to enjoy our little distro for a long time.

I've noticed that problem with the UT mirror myself. I used to use the Amarillo mirror exclusively but it has been downgraded. Recently, I've been using Doctor Server and have had good luck there.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”