Allocate more space

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
assaulth3ro911

Allocate more space

Post by assaulth3ro911 »

I want to allocate more space to my MInt OS, I have WinXP installed as main boot, but I want to take some space off my HDD like 35 more gigs, and put towards my Mint, how would I do this?

I also have no boot disks or anything, I simply mounted to install my OS.

-----------UPDATE

Okay so I figured out, that Mint is not booting anymore because I did not delete ".backup" but rather rebooted first, I thought I was supposed to boot first, see if I like it, then delete the file, that would only be the logical process am I right? Anyways, I still have 83gigs free on my XP Partition, all is normal here, although Mint won't boot...... So I believe that is because it hasn't a KB of free space at all! So how can I remove the MInt partition and just make a clean install of Mint from my XP like I did before?

BTW the process completed...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
proxima_centauri

Re: Allocate more space

Post by proxima_centauri »

You can use the Mint LiveCD's partition editor to resize and make new partitions.

This may be of assistance -> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

Mint4Win is based off wubi.

Check out under "8. Misc": 9. How do I resize the virtual disks?
assaulth3ro911

Post by assaulth3ro911 »

Thanks but I am booting Linux Mint, I never used a liveCD, also how do I use this thing?

Never mind.... but when I download it and run it via terminal commands, it says:

assaulth3ro911@linuxmint ~ $ sudo sh wubi-add-virtual-disk /home 15000
sh: Can't open wubi-add-virtual-disk
assaulth3ro911@linuxmint ~ $

Okay guys, erm can you re-code this to make my partion size 75 gigs? Just edit the code, because I do not want to screw up my computer at all so yea.... Here are the instructions that I am not sure how to follow, https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide#How%2 ... l%20disks?
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

something like:-

sudo sh wubi-add-virtual-disk /home 75000

maybe?.

do you still get that error - "Can't open wubi-add-virtual-disk" ?.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
assaulth3ro911

Post by assaulth3ro911 »

Last edited by assaulth3ro911 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
assaulth3ro911

Post by assaulth3ro911 »

----READ THE POST ABOVE THIS ONE----

I found out, it was still running, it completed.......

-READ MY TOPIC POST, LOOK AT THE PART THAT SAYS "-----------------UPDATE"
Last edited by assaulth3ro911 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikhou

Post by mikhou »

Glad you got it figured out, but my suggestion to get more space for LM would be to remove Windows! :-)

mikhou

Return to “Installation & Boot”