Hi, I'm french !

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Jean-Philippe

Hi, I'm french !

Post by Jean-Philippe »

I'm French, 57, and from yesterday I'm on Mint Isadora.

For 2 year I was Ubuntu, then, at the launching if Lucid, I tried Kubuntu and now Mint that I know a little because it's my netbook linux. I've planned to install KDE edition of mint because I like very much KDE tools and tips (like having a different screen on each desktop) but I've changed my computer and I have no more resisted :).
Maybe when KDE Isadora will be available, I'll try to install -I don't know if it is easy- but for now I appreciate very much the quiet environment of standard Mint.

I'd like to say thank you to all the people who worked on Mint to give it this very special taste.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
waldo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Hi, I'm french !

Post by waldo »

Bonjour ! Bienvenue !

(Those are 2 of the 15 French words I know, so the rest in English!)
" . . . but for now I appreciate very much the quiet environment of standard Mint."
That was such a very nice way of describing the character of Mint!
Jean-Philippe

Post by Jean-Philippe »

waldo wrote:Bonjour ! Bienvenue !
Thank you for this effort. I'm there (too) to perfect my english :) And that's a very hard job :cry:
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Bonjour Jean-Phillipe,
Welcome to Mint Forum.
Now you've installed one version of Mint,any other one you choose will be easy whether it's KDE,XFCE or LXDE
Have fun :P
Jean-Philippe

Post by Jean-Philippe »

Thanks. I think i'll install KDE version as soon as possible. I don't know exactly why but I feel easy with Mint from the first time I've installed it on my netbook.

Now I'm happy to have it on my 26' desktop.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”