Isadora - Complete Covers Pack

Submit your artwork to make Linux Mint look better
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EldiS

Isadora - Complete Covers Pack

Post by EldiS »

And finally here's the complete set of Isadora covers. With all CD/DVD and 32-bit/64-bit variations included. And yes, this time there are CD/DVD labels too, so if there's anyone who would like to have fully packed Linux Mint 9, then go for it. Everything is in high resolution with 300ppi.

Previews:

You can download complete pack on my deviantart page, and here's the link:
http://eldis82.deviantart.com/#/d2rq9vv

EDIT: 28.06.2010 - The final version of this pack is there for download, and here's the preview:

And here's the download link:
http://eldis82.deviantart.com/#/d2ss9fk
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Dupo

Re: Isadora - Complete Covers Pack

Post by Dupo »

Hi,

you have done a good job, but I have one thing to say : It's TOO Green (only Green).

It would have been well if you had add white and Grey/Black colors in it. :wink:
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

Dupo wrote:Hi,

you have done a good job, but I have one thing to say : It's TOO Green (only Green).

It would have been well if you had add white and Grey/Black colors in it. :wink:
Hehe, well, it's like the Mint itself... I was seriously considering option to involve a little bit more colours in the cover, but after all kind of experimenting, I ended up with "only" green palette... :)
gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

how do i apply the cd laber to my mint cd.? looks awesome btw
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

gizmodo wrote:how do i apply the cd laber to my mint cd.? looks awesome btw
1. You have to burn Mint onto printable CD/DVD and then you need to have inkjet printer with ability to write on printable CD or DVD.
2. You can print it on a sticky paper in any copying shop, in 11,7cm diameter, cut it manually with scissors, and then paste it to your regular CD or DVD.
mick55

Post by mick55 »

Really, really nice. :D

I like the DEEP green. :mrgreen:

mick
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

mick55 wrote:Really, really nice. :D

I like the DEEP green. :mrgreen:
Thanks mick... Well, like I said, after some experimenting with more colours it turned out that combination of greens produced the best result... :) It's more elegant and polished. For those not liking too much green there is my other covers pack for Isadora, with a bit more gray/green combination. :)
Superewza

Post by Superewza »

These are amazing, really professional quality. I have a good mind to make an A5/A6 booklet, a copy of the GNU General Public License and give say 100 copies of it to etailers with an RRP to cover the price of making it all.

Now i know i'm probably being awkward here, but is there any chance of making that into a lightscribe label? Because it can yield great results too:

:D
gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

what is lightscribe exactly?
Superewza

Post by Superewza »

Essentially you use a DVD Drive to burn an image onto a disk. It's a 'special' drive and a 'special' disk but they're about the same price (apart from the disks, 50 for £10 DVDs). You design it on the computer and then let it do it's thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy0rLSGYcr0
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

Superewza wrote:These are amazing, really professional quality. I have a good mind to make an A5/A6 booklet, a copy of the GNU General Public License and give say 100 copies of it to etailers with an RRP to cover the price of making it all.

Now i know i'm probably being awkward here, but is there any chance of making that into a lightscribe label? Because it can yield great results too:
:D
It's not problem at all, but as I'm not that much into lightscribe labelling, I don't know what exactly I should do to cerate an artwork for lightscribe burning... Should I do it in some special format or what... But nevermind, I will google for it, so I hope I will find out what is it about... :)
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

Ok, I found some software for lightscribe design, so I hope I will back soon with Mint lightscribe labels... :)
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Love the covers =] shame the leaf is of a Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera) and not of the Mint plant xD but I guess the average person isn't going to know that :lol:
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

Carl wrote:Love the covers =] shame the leaf is of a Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera) and not of the Mint plant xD but I guess the average person isn't going to know that :lol:
Hahaha, well that wasn't my concern when I was in process of creating those covers... :D I just like the photo so I used it... :)
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

Now I just need a printer that can print CD labels. I need a new printer anyway.
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

EldiS wrote:
Carl wrote:Love the covers =] shame the leaf is of a Tulip Tree (Liriodendron tulipifera) and not of the Mint plant xD but I guess the average person isn't going to know that :lol:
Hahaha, well that wasn't my concern when I was in process of creating those covers... :D I just like the photo so I used it... :)
it goes very well :D
EldiS

Post by EldiS »

I made a modified version of this cover, with official Isadora artwork as background, for those not liking the Tulip Tree... :D Complete pack with all variations will be uploaded soon, and here's just a preview:

EldiS

Post by EldiS »

And here is preview of the final version of this pack, with some more grey added, and official artwork as background...

You can download the full pack here:
http://eldis82.deviantart.com/#/d2ss9fk
Dupo

Post by Dupo »

Whaouh !!! :shock:

Eldis, I really really like your last final version pack. :wink:

You made a very good job. :D :wink:

It's professional. :wink:
AfterEight

Post by AfterEight »

EldiS wrote:Ok, I found some software for lightscribe design, so I hope I will back soon with Mint lightscribe labels... :)
Hi EldiS

Have you had any luck with the Lighscribe version yet.
I have the drive and the software and even the DVD/CD's, just needing a label.
KDE 64bit if I have a choice.

Thank you in advance,
AfterEight

Return to “Your Artwork”