i need mint youtube channel content!

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
gizmodo

i need mint youtube channel content!

Post by gizmodo »

hello guys.

as some of you may know im setting up a mint channel. i hope it will become the official but i haven't got a chance to speak to clem about it yet.
but well im here to do you guys a request. make some CONTENT! it may consist of these thinks.

-artwork. (icons, wallpapers,ectect)

-VIDEO'S! well, let be honest. what is a channel without videos! make some. however. i have some guidelines for it.

-NO compiz cube effects video's we have those a lot already.

-for the rest they may consist of turtorials, howto's reviews of applications. reviews of distro's ect ect. be original!

-i would like if it was spoken with a microphone. if you however aren't able to do. text based is fine to if it is done properly!

that about it guys.

good luck.
vincent

Re: i need mint youtube channel content!

Post by vincent »

Hmmm...there's already a Mint podcast (mintCast), so I don't really feel the need for a Mint Youtube channel. That's just me though...

Nevertheless, good luck! :)
gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

no one?
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

There are many videos about Mint on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... +mint&aq=f).
Maybe it's better to contact the guys on youtube first and show some demo channel (so you can clarifiy the way you want to do the channel). Pushing a community for content without having anything to demonstrate your vision is not a good idea.
Just my two cents.
rothgar

Post by rothgar »

Clem had posted on the Linux Mint blog a while ago that he wanted a screencast project to start and I know there was another thread dedicated to getting that going. The thread faded away when not a lot of people got interested and no one made videos. We (mintCast) contacted prefessorsnapper (the main advocate for the project) to see about teaming up so that we could have the podcast and video tutorial videos in one location at mintcast.org (and the videos would probably be originally hosted at youtube as well). If you would like to try to start this up again I would recommend contacting some of the people in the previous thread and from there we can all get started with organizing content, getting a list of videos we would like to see, and getting people together to create those videos.
We had wanted to do a podcast on how to get involved and how to record your desktop to submit videos, but because of scheduling and lack of interest it never come together. If you would like to get the ball rolling again send me a PM or email and we would love to help at the podcast.

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”