Improve your image

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
Brad

Improve your image

Post by Brad »

I think that Mint needs a slight image redesign;just to modernise it a little.The logo and slogan are both getting a little outdated and the websites could do with a more flashier interface.

Here is a nice logo design I found:
http://linuxmint-art.org/CONTENT/conten ... 0green.png

Slogan Ideas:
1. Think Linux,Think Freedom,Think Elegance
2. Linux...But Greener
3. Linux Green Fingers
4. Freedom & Elegance In One Package

The slogan ideas are just examples.But, I feel Mint,whilst definitely the best OS in the world, needs a more modern look.
kwevej

Re: Improve your image

Post by kwevej »

well I've seen a better logo as somebody's avatar here on the forum....
farnaby

Post by farnaby »

The suggested logo looks not bad to me, although I still like the official one as well.
The slogans.... well... honestly.... no. The old one ("from freedom came elegance") is still much catchier, more original, more fitting.
Cheesethief

Post by Cheesethief »

Call me old fashioned, but I like how it is right now.
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

The current logo is actually VERY nice. LM also is one of the only distros with a nice array of Mint branded wallpaper included as well.

For quite some time I was a openSUSE fan and disliked Ubuntu and anything using Gnome. By checking out DistroWatch and looking at LM9 I decided to give it a try. I was blown away. I use Windows 7 Home Edition x64 because I am a gamer. However, I use LM9 in a VM using VirtualBox and run Seamless Mode because I really like using Linux Mint. I just dislike dual booting.

Because of Linux Mint 9 I dropped the openSUSE 11.2 VM I had. No need to use something else when Mint is everything I wanted in a Linux distro. I also feel safer browsing the web using Linux Mint in Seamless Mode.

So thank you to Oracle VIrtualBox and Linux Mint!
myspacecommassergio

Post by myspacecommassergio »

that logo looks alright but i would like a shiny logo with a shiny interface. I love shiny stuff. Don;t ask why I just do. :)

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”