The "V" key does not respond

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ddavid123
Level 2
Level 2

The "V" key does not respond

Post by ddavid123 »

For a few weeks now, I haVe noticed that the key "V" does not work in lowercase. So I tried to reset to the defaults, but that did not work. So today, I bought a new keyboard, a HP USB multimedia keyboard, but I still haVe the same problem! So I am thinking it is not a hardware problem, but I could not think of a better place to post this! In Linux Mint 8, I had problems with the backspace and t key not working, then a few days later, working fine! Since I bought the new keyboard, I know it is not a hardware problem, but a software problem. I would really appreciate any ideas because this is getting Verry, Verry, annoying lol :roll: :lol:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: The "V" key does not respond

Post by DrHu »

Have you read this
http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=33561
More context/data reference your hardware/software setup could help..

Look in the keyboard layout of your version of mint that is installed, they are located under different names in different versions, depending on the desktop being used

However, they all are keyboard layouts/selections
--the default installation keyboard is US, you can do some testing and you could also do it with a fonts selection or in a word processor, does it work in those applications/utilities..

Do some keyboard testing in the terminal (Konsole for KDE desktop)
--does lowercase v work there; are you inadvertently activating shift-lock on your keyboard, have you set up any special keyboard mapping, do you use a non generic keyboard, ie arranged for a specific hardware system (HP, Dell etc)

Return to “Hardware Support”