failed to execute login command

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
willi

failed to execute login command

Post by willi »

can anybody help me please. I cannot login anymore. Everytime I try to login as a user I just see "failed to execute login command" so I cannot work with fluxbox. Loggin in to the console is no problem and I can login as root, too. Loggin in as root let's me work normal (I'm writing this as root) but I don't think it is a good idea to use superuser rights all the time.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
willi

Re: failed to execute login command

Post by willi »

solved the problem! It was too easy, there was just absolutely no diskspace left, so deleting some old files helped.
remigino

Post by remigino »

Hi,
I have the same problem (with Jolicloud thou) and I was wondering how do you log in as root?
(I'm a newbie :-)
Thanks
shengchieh

Post by shengchieh »

He probably created the root account. Something like

sudo su
passwd

(not sure about this - don't take this a gospel; someone corrects me).
So you'll need to log in as user to do this. And if you can log in, you
might as well delete something.

Geeks, is there any way for him to delete files using a liveCD?

Sheng-Chieh
remigino

Post by remigino »

I see, so not possible since I can't log in :-s

Thanks for your answer thou

I'm still trying to figure out how to log in, got that message "failed to execute login command" anytime I log in, then black screen for a few seconds, then back to the log in screen...
I have an Eee PC, so no cd boot possible, I tried with a flash drive and Unetbootin, hoping for a "repair" option, but nothing :-(

Return to “Software & Applications”