A request for help representing your favorite distro

Chat about just about anything else
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 30 days after creation.
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

A request for help representing your favorite distro

Post by bigbearomaha »

I was wondering if there is anyone here who would be interested in being a MOD or admin at a forum designed to be all distro inclusive and help users with topics that aren't necessarily "advanced" but maybe considered a bit past "noobie".

We call it the "Next Step" phase of knowing enough to not be a noobie necessarily anymore, but not a Guru either. that in between land for which there is a huge need of help and camaraderie.

This isn't asking anyone to "leave" or not be a part of their distro forum, actually, we are looking for people who are active in their favorite distro to be able to help others with the "next step" stages of learning and doing things.

Also,

Rabid Fanboys need not apply. This is a forum for learning and sharing on ALL Linux Distros without favoritism.

If you are interested, please PM me.

Big Bear
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 30 days after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Bee the best you can bee.
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Post by blogger »

Hello Big Bear,
I bookmarked Linux Geeks United. It is a very useful forum for all Linux users.
I agree with your suggestion for a universal forum that will be of help
to many people seeking advice for their particular problems.
After all, it is in harmony with the spirit of Linux.
Cheers,
Blogger
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

Thank you. Always glad to have more folks come see us. Our goal is truly to be a service to the Linux community. To help provide learning and building experience in a way that is not frustrating and "human" compatible.

If you read the recent Linus Torvalds interview, he very much hits on a lot of the values LGU holds.

Thanks again and feel free to post as often as you like or ask to have something we forgot, included.

Big Bear

ps. one of our "inspirations" for LGU is the Mint forums, one of the friendliest and most helpful user forums anywhere. If we can make all Linux users as comfortable and help them as much as Mint does for it's users, it will be quite the accomplishment.
newW2
Level 5
Level 5

Post by newW2 »

Bigbearomaha: I'm a bit too new to make an affective mod on your site. However, I visited and spent some time on LGU over the past two days; read some posts found some other really cool things there as well...
I was happy to find the Linus Torvalds interview. Really a great read, and his philosophy reminded me of our very own Clem. I meant to post those same words there, as well. I recall when I first saw your post on this site as well as clem's open welcome. I've been over to LUG a few times since.
Your members are good people and I'll be back to register, look for help, and if able, help as you grow LGU. As (I think it was vtel57) said, it's a great place to get in on the front end.
See you on LGU.
Toontwnca
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Toontwnca »

Got it bookmarked as well.
It doesn't matter if a glass is half empty or half full.
There is clearly room for more wine.

Notebook: Asus K53U 1.6 gz, 4gb ram, 500 gb hd, AMD 6310 Radeon
bigbearomaha
Level 3
Level 3

Post by bigbearomaha »

thank you to both of you. Clem is really a good fella. He has been supportive of the community being involved in Mint and always ( from all I have seen ) tries to give a hand up.

Hope to see y'all over there.

Big Bear

Return to “Open Chat”