A quick intro

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mike54

A quick intro

Post by Mike54 »

I just wanted to quickly say hello.

I've used Ubuntu since back in the days of Feisty Fawn and I am impressed with how polished Mint is by comparison. I must admit I use Linux because I want to make my own choices and not because I am an ultra-tech. I learn new things about Linux each day, which is a good thing for an auld git like myself. :wink:

I was worried about removing Ubuntu Lucid and installing Mint 9, but the install was smooth as silk and I was pleased to see how some pieces of added software were seeing the configurations I had set up in Ubuntu. And imagine having a 64 bit installation that actually works with YouTube! I should have switched to Mint a long time ago.

I look forward to meeting everyone and learning from all of you.

Mike
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: A quick intro

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Mike54,

Welcome, sir, to the Mint community. Please feel free to ask any question you may have either here or in the Mint chat rooms ( available by clicking Xchat IRC in the menu under Internet). Also, take advantage of the new Mint Community Website for information on hardware and software compatibility and general info on the future direction of Mint.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”