Cassandra KDE Community Edition is out!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Cassandra KDE Community Edition is out!

Post by clem »

Hi,

The KDE Community Edition of Cassandra is finally out! Many thanks to Jamie "Boo" Birse for developing and maintaining it.

Release notes: http://www.linuxmint.com/cassandra-kde.html
Download: http://www.linuxmint.com/download.html
CDs: http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/cPa ... cts_id/329

Upgrade instructions are included within the release notes.

Clem
mikpap
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mikpap »

Great news. I downloaded it and I have just found a bug in the installer (there wasn't in the 013 Beta). the manual disk partition crushes the installation. Any ideas why?
bernado

Post by bernado »

Downloading via torrent is nearly impossible because there are no seeders at the moment ! So could the guys who already downloaded it open ktorrent and share the file. So you go to the download webside and choose "torrent". If you klick on it ktorrent starts and asks you where to put the download. You choose the one with the iso, the program checks the file and then it will be shared to the other ones. javascript:emoticon(':wink:'). Square Deal ?

Bernado
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

We another mirror. I cannot download from lintelligence.de.

When I try to download via torrent all I see are leachers, no seeders, so you cannot download via torrent.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

For me both versions download at less than 10kb per second. I know the Internet connection I'm using isn't the problem, I was able to download Freespire in under 20 minutes.
bernado

Post by bernado »

From the Mint Webside
Installation Notes:
- the more people download the ISO file the slower the download speeds are. The more people download the torrent, the faster their download speeds become.
- always check the MD5 before burning the ISO. If you keep getting the wrong MD5 from one of our mirrors, please tell us on the forums.
So once again the request for those who have already downloaded the iso image. Please be so kind and share the file via bittorrent so that download will be successful for everybodyjavascript:emoticon('8)')

Thank you, Merci, Muchas Gracias, Dankeschön, Obrigado, Dankje well,

Bernado
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

Vector 5.8.6 SOHO RC 1 in under five minutes.

Think I will wait a few days for things to subside and to see if another mirror becomes available before downloading.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

This is going to discourage at a minimum impatient users from trying Mint KDE CE. Mint isn't alone among distros that make release announcements without good download alternatives.
mikpap
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mikpap »

Elven wrote:
mikpap wrote:Great news. I downloaded it and I have just found a bug in the installer (there wasn't in the 013 Beta). the manual disk partition crushes the installation. Any ideas why?
have you controlled the MD5 after burning?
It has to do with the installer, not the iso itself.
ypsilon
Level 1
Level 1

1 torrent seeder + [whisper] Another download location

Post by ypsilon »

It's not published (yet), but my downloadspeed was so slow I just tried some urls from other Mint downloadsites. This one worked (my speed went up from 5K to 300K): http://os-iso.de/linux-mint-30-kde-p-202.html

I echo to request for more torrent seeders.

One hint: as I downloaded parts using http, I copied the partial downloads to the torrent directory.
KTorrent: If you select Data Integrity Check on KTorrent it verifies your download and starts seeding the part you had downloaded thus far.

utorrent: On utorrent you delete the torrent and restart one in the same datadirectory. utorrent starts by checking the parts and discovers also the already downloaded parts and starts seeding them.

Other torrent clients should work likewise.

For environmental reasons I will shut down my computer shortly, but will start seeding tomorrow morning again.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Shadow ZERO wrote:Anyone know why the MD5 on http://linuxmint.com/download.html equals the one of the file on lintelligence.de, but the one on http://os-iso.de/linux-mint-30-kde-p-202.html is different?
Looks like they copied the wrong one.(the Main Editions md5)
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

contents wrote:Thanks for all of the work from everyone who contributed!

I'd also like to call for more seeders for the torrent. Currently I'm registering 247 leechers and no seeders. The leechers I am seeing are all maxed out at 82.16%.
Mine will be done downloading in about 25 minutes.
Once I take a look at KDE, I will be seeding around 60KiB/s(480 kbps) with Deluge.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

Installer crashes, can't install with full version. Will try mini.
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

Installer crashes, can't install full version. Will try mini version if I can get it downloaded.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

contents wrote:Thanks, merlwiz--I think you pushed it over the top. Lots of seeders now. :)
Yea, I see well over 100 now.
When I started only 2 were seeding other than me.
I will be seeding all night, I have no bandwidth cap.
jacek
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jacek »

Mint KDE 3.0 is much better than Freespire 2! I can use different languages and is more comatible with Kubuntu! Concratulation, I love it! I like to try KDE 4 in the next vesion.
maty1206
Level 5
Level 5

Post by maty1206 »

Boo:

Thanks for your supporting. and develop.

I appreciate you help.

Clem, thanks of the world
Linux Mint apps translator
gman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by gman »

md5 of the ISO is OK. I can run the live dvd with no problems, everything works. When I attempt install I get the same as Florut.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

The installer bug was confirmed. Boo is looking at it at the moment...

Clem
Husse

Post by Husse »

Just started downloading as torrent with about 190 kBps. Will let it seed for some time (have 896 kbps up) It has not begun seeding yet ... but soon.
/edit/
From about 15:00 CET its seeding with about 85 kBps
Last edited by Husse on Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”