Styles (solved)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Vinze

Styles (solved)

Post by Vinze »

I have Mint Fluxbox running for a week now and I am enjoing it very much.
I have learnt a lot already.
I just have one problem when I change a style. The default Mint Style does not change completly.

Does anybody know what to do??

Vinze
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Styles

Post by shane »

Can you elaborate a little more please. Maybe a screenshot will help understand "does not change completely" better... e.g. which parts are not changing. Have you tried restarting Fluxbox, logging out and back in? What are the contents of ~/.fluxbox/overlay ?
Vinze

Post by Vinze »

Shane,

My overlay:
enu.bevelWidth: 3
background: none

Vinze
screenshot.jpg
Vinze

Post by Vinze »

Where you see the text "Bestand" (File) there is the colour with every style the Shiki colour (Brown/Black).
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

Fluxbox is just a window manager... i.e. all it does is manage the window titlebars, buttons and borders. So changing a Fluxbox style will only affect these. Everything inside the window is independent of Fluxbox. To change that you will have to change the GTK theme. Look for the 'Appearance' tool under 'System Tools', or run 'lxappearance' from the terminal
Vinze

Post by Vinze »

Thanks very much Shane!

This solved the problem.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

You're welcome. Please change the title of this thread to show that it has been solved.
Vinze

Re: Styles (solved)

Post by Vinze »

Done

Return to “Software & Applications”