Linux Mint 9 KDE RC released!

Releases and other announcements.
Please don't post support questions here
Forum rules
Section reserved for the team. You can reply to announcements here but not post new topics. Do not add support questions to threads here, use the appropriate support forum instead.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Linux Mint 9 KDE RC released!

Post by clem »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 9 KDE RC. Linux Mint 9 KDE New features at a glance: KDE Network Manager New applications New Software Manager 30,000 packages Review applications straight from the Software Manager APT daemon Visual improvements New Backup Tool Incremental backups, compression, integrity checks Backup/Restoration of the software selection Better [...]
Read more: http://www.linuxmint.com/blog/?p=1459
sdim
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Linux Mint 9 KDE RC released!

Post by sdim »

Many thanks,Clem & team.I'm sure it 'll be another great release.
MB:MSI 770 C-45 / HD1:500 GB-->Windows / HD2:320 GB-->Mint 20 Cinnamon
CPU:AMD X4 640 3.00 GHz / RAM:4.0 GB / VGA: NVidia GeForce GT630
d1684

Post by d1684 »

And where can we download it??? I can't find a link for it.
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

d1684 wrote:And where can we download it??? I can't find a link for it.
Click here.
seeley

Post by seeley »

HI!
Link: http://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/linuxmint. ... c-i386.iso
First impression: great! No problems with 3G-USB-Modem (Huawei) and BT-mouse. I made some steps with the installer and saw progresses, but 2 things could be better: To help other people, I make screen snapshots -it's not possible? (Other distributions show the panel during installation.) And you can't change the size of the window showing the devices and partitions (instead of /dev/sda11 I see /dev/sd... - enough place to show the hole name of partition sda11 in the window!)?
seeley
Fluke

Post by Fluke »

I have tried this version installing from usb stick and though I saw a dimmed install screen and continued to install, on the reboot to start the OS for first time my screen stays black. I've tried the manual controls to increase brightness but it didn't work. I tried CTRL ALT F1 for login screen but I see nothing still. Seems there is something wrong there. I am using a Asus eeepc 1001p netbook. I've used the gnome edition with success and just trying now the dvd iso and see what that gives me. I was hoping really hoping to install kde version of Mint but seems impossible. Gnome is getting boring for me. Must be it not detecting screen or resolution. Appreciate any tips on resolving.
StanTheMan

Post by StanTheMan »

seeley .

The icons on the desktop can have their images enlarged. When you hover your mouse cursor on either side there is a vertical bar appears. At the top of the bar click on a small character and you can drag the corner of the image outwards. Sometimes it only works on the left side sidebar of the icon.

This snapshot I took by pressing the Print Screen key on keyboard and saving a PNG image.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6501752/lm9KDErc.jpeg

Incidentall the software manager works very well.
JonM33

Post by JonM33 »

Seems to be less responsive within a VM than the main (Gnome) version. I don't like the KDE menu, as it turned me off of openSUSE as well. I will stick with LM9 Main.
sb56637

Post by sb56637 »

Hello, could delta files be posted for the final release so we don't have to re-download the whole DVD? Thanks a lot!
probimer55

Post by probimer55 »

Great release Clem, Everything works great on my eeepc Seashell 1008HA. Just what i was looking for. Still some tweaks on function keys. Bye
sylvainsjc

Post by sylvainsjc »

Hello, great release, it has successfully replaced Mandriva - can't wait for the final release...

Some small problems :

I have sometime freezes at startup when plymouth load (reset button necessary) - 3 times since a week

In Dolphin, it's impossible to activate the "Show 'Delete' command" in the context menu. I check the option in the configuration and I click "Ok" but the menu don't appears and when i return in the configuration, the option doesn't remain checked
davolc

I think this would make Linux Mint 9 KDE better

Post by davolc »

Hi, I tested Linux Mint KDE, I love it, but i think They Should remove Kmail and Leave Thunderbird, Kmail uses akonadi, Akonadi makes KDE very slow, I dont recommend it.

Remove Programs that depends on Akonadi, Strigi, and Nepomuk.
Kmail, Kaddressbook, Korganizer, KDE Groupware Wizzard.

Remove Dragon Player and replace it with Kaffeine, Dragon player looks Ugly, DVD Menus are Ugly and Videos are more ugly, Horrible it makes me puke.
Do you want me to send you a screenshot? or it just my computer that look ugly, i tested many computers with Dragon Player and its a dissapointment. Kaffeine its better.

Everything else its OK...

Another thing............ Can you add an option to enable "plasma desktop" to use "-graphicssystem raster" option on start up?? "plasma-desktop -graphicssystem raster" makes plasma faster, I tested with a lot of computers with it. Definitely Faster. Even Dolphin open faster with "dolphin -graphicssystem raster" command. they shoud consider adding that as default... Test it by your self,

I love KDE and I care about speed and stability.

Another thing too much wallpapers, i guest the Linux Mint KDE team should consider removing some wallpapers...
another thing i would love, but its my opinion.... I love Linux Mint Green Style ;) keet up the good work people. I hope the final version of Linux Mint KDE gets to be the best KDE distribution Ever.
Dutchmaster
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dutchmaster »

sylvainsjc wrote:In Dolphin, it's impossible to activate the "Show 'Delete' command" in the context menu. I check the option in the configuration and I click "Ok" but the menu don't appears and when i return in the configuration, the option doesn't remain checked.
Same for me.
hugejames

Post by hugejames »

wow , good news ! but i prefer GNOME version .
Chuckie

Post by Chuckie »

Wow Mint 9 RC is great, but i can't wait for the final release.

Is there any news yet as to when it will be released, i did not think that it would take this long to fix a couple of bugs.

Still thank you for a wonderful distro.

Go Mint team you a are tops.
whaledove

Post by whaledove »

Hi Clem,
I like Linux Mint 9 a lot but thought I would try KDE. It works fine on my wireless and hard wired.Toshiba A205-S4567, Epson Artisan 800 printer. I have graduated to triple boot, Vista LM9 and KDE.
Cableguy707

Post by Cableguy707 »

I just used the RC in virtual box, and it looks promising. When the final release comes out, it may be my default desktop. Great work, team!!!
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

Chuckie wrote:Wow Mint 9 RC is great, but i can't wait for the final release. Is there any news yet as to when it will be released, i did not think that it would take this long to fix a couple of bugs.
Keep up with the ISO Testing section of the Linux Mint Community website for more info. :)

Joe
ethan12

Post by ethan12 »

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint KDE RC 9. Linux Mint KDE nine new features in brief: New applications KDE Network Manager Software Manager 30,000 packages, directly from the comments of improvements APT Visual Software Manager daemon new backup tool incremental backups, compression, integrity checks, backup / Restoration software selection and feel better view Wallpapers welcome Update Manager Enhancements Windows installer cites Husse software selection default local repository
Chuckie

Post by Chuckie »

JoeFootball wrote:
Chuckie wrote:Wow Mint 9 RC is great, but i can't wait for the final release. Is there any news yet as to when it will be released, i did not think that it would take this long to fix a couple of bugs.
Keep up with the ISO Testing section of the Linux Mint Community website for more info. :)

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Return to “Releases & Announcements”