Been trying to get Linux on my PC for 8 years.

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kentboylinux

Been trying to get Linux on my PC for 8 years.

Post by kentboylinux »

Hi my names Ian, i think Linux is bril, only taken me 8 years to get on my PC.
I have Mint 9, wow its better then any thing from windcrap and Ubuntu 10.04 thats so cool also.
I still use Windcrap to play my blurays when linux gets round to having software that you can play bluray i will never need to use 7 as much as i do now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tinca
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Been trying to get Linux on my PC for 8 years.

Post by tinca »

kentboylinux,

you do not get any brownie points by referring to "Windows" as "Wincrap". It is extremely childish.

Best regards Keith
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello kentboylinux,
Welcome to Mint :P
Seems it was worth the wait
There is a lot of useful information here on Mint Forum,and on our community site http://community.linuxmint.com/ which has a lot of tutorials,software reviews,a hardware database and ideas for future developments.
We also have IRC channels: open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint
kentboylinux

Post by kentboylinux »

tinca wrote:kentboylinux,

you do not get any brownie points by referring to "Windows" as "Wincrap". It is extremely childish.

Best regards Keith

Sorry I'm not here to upset people, Windows 7 is not bad should not moan.
Ian
kentboylinux

Post by kentboylinux »

oscar799 wrote:Hello kentboylinux,
Welcome to Mint :P
Seems it was worth the wait
There is a lot of useful information here on Mint Forum,and on our community site http://community.linuxmint.com/ which has a lot of tutorials,software reviews,a hardware database and ideas for future developments.
We also have IRC channels: open MintMenu>Internet>XChat and you will be connected automatically to #linuxmint-help and #linuxmint-chat
Have fun with Mint

Many thanks will do that, 8 years was worth the wait Mint 9 is so good every thing worked, every thing i needed with out buying software to run apps.
I'm reading up as much i can about linux and buy linux format which has helped me.
Ian
markcynt

Post by markcynt »

Best regards Keith
I'll give you one. :mrgreen:
Image]
kentboylinux

Post by kentboylinux »

markcynt wrote:

Best regards Keith
I'll give you one. :mrgreen:
Image]

Lol that's a big brownie, do people hate windows?
vincent

Post by vincent »

Nah, I don't hate Windows, I just dislike it's mostly closed-source nature...and the fact that you have to pay for it . :P
kentboylinux

Post by kentboylinux »

vincent wrote:Nah, I don't hate Windows, I just dislike it's mostly closed-source nature...and the fact that you have to pay for it . :P

Well that's why they rule the world, bit like Starbucks and McDonald's lol
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

kentboylinux wrote:I still use Windcrap to play my blurays when linux gets round to having software that you can play bluray i will never need to use 7 as much as i do now.
when linux gets round to having software that you can play bluray...
Surely people, even those that really depend on the windows OS, have options as well..
I don't know, is it that much of a problem, since may people might already have the Xbox or the Sony Playstation that could play a blu-ray disk, or possibly a regular blue-ray video player or the combo blu-ray +DVD..
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Restr ... ayAndHDDVD
kentboylinux

Post by kentboylinux »

DrHu wrote:
kentboylinux wrote:I still use Windcrap to play my blurays when linux gets round to having software that you can play bluray i will never need to use 7 as much as i do now.
when linux gets round to having software that you can play bluray...
Surely people, even those that really depend on the windows OS, have options as well..
I don't know, is it that much of a problem, since may people might already have the Xbox or the Sony Playstation that could play a blu-ray disk, or possibly a regular blue-ray video player or the combo blu-ray +DVD..
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Restr ... ayAndHDDVD

It is for me as I'm not a gamer and i built a pc with bluray and paid out for 26" Samsung HD monitor, got to make the max use of it.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”