not so mint

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hemlin

not so mint

Post by hemlin »

:( well folks I speak as I find and when I lost windows xp last week and I do not have an installation disc I came across this linux mint , cheap too I thought so I have had a go at installing it ,sadly I have backed the wrong horse here I have never seen as many error messages come up and files not found appear lets just say I cannot endorse this product at this time , meanwhile I am going to pc world to get a windows xp programme that works for me , regards ex newbie hemlin
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
altair4
Level 20
Level 20

Re: not so mint

Post by altair4 »

Sorry to hear that things did not work out for you. But as a parting gift please accept this humble offering:

Code: Select all

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
Simply copy an paste in a text file named Periods.txt and use them as the need arises.
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Post by tdockery97 »

:lol:
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
kentboylinux

Post by kentboylinux »

hemlin wrote::( well folks I speak as I find and when I lost windows xp last week and I do not have an installation disc I came across this linux mint , cheap too I thought so I have had a go at installing it ,sadly I have backed the wrong horse here I have never seen as many error messages come up and files not found appear lets just say I cannot endorse this product at this time , meanwhile I am going to pc world to get a windows xp programme that works for me , regards ex newbie hemlin

Hi mate
Give it a go again may be your disc was faulty you could burn one a gain (at the lowest speed setting) or pick one up from this months Linux format, don't give up
i did not and its taken me 8 years to got nearly where i want to be with Linux, now if only i could get my bluray to play, i be using windows that much less.
axel668

Post by axel668 »

sounds like you have a hardware problem, been using XP for a couple of years before switching to Mint, and never "lost" one ... while wishing you all the luck, I don't think you'll be more successful with another operating system
mintnoob

Post by mintnoob »

hemlin,

Mint installed perfectly on my used laptop and all the other older computers I've tried it on. You should burn another copy of Mint at a slow speed as a previous poster suggested and try it again and let us know if you still come up with all those errors. Maybe try one of the lighter-weight Mint distros if your computer's older.
vincent

Post by vincent »

altair4 wrote:Sorry to hear that things did not work out for you. But as a parting gift please accept this humble offering:

Code: Select all

Simply copy an paste in a text file named Periods.txt and use them as the need arises.
+1 :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”