Hello everybody!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DavidFosterKozelek

Hello everybody!

Post by DavidFosterKozelek »

Hi!

I'm DFK from Austria and I'm a former Windows user solely. (Oh boy, sounds like I'm addressing a self-help group, haha.)
Now I have a dual boot solution with Mint9 being my preferred OS. Since I'm still a bit of a n00b (I played around with Ubuntu and Mint 8 but nothing serious. First base at best, haha.) I thought it be to my advance to have some people to reach out to with future questions to come. And there will be plenty! :D
No, just kidding. I'd do my best to bother the Googles and existing threads before letting you guys "fix my pc" ;)

So yeah. Hi.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revdjenk

Re: Hello everybody!

Post by revdjenk »

Oh fine!!! What? don't trust us?! :roll: :lol:

God Bless
Doug
vrkalak

Post by vrkalak »

revdjenk wrote:Oh fine!!! What? don't trust us?! :roll: :lol:
Honestly . . . would you trust us ?

I'm glad the OP is going to use the search feature of this forum, first . . . and of course, "Google is your friend"
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello DFK
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
You will find a lot of useful information here on the forum,we also have a community site http://community.linuxmint.com/ with a lot of tutorials and software reviews and a hardware database.
If you haven't discovered them already you can add a Google Linux Search button to your Google toolbar,or add a Linux search plugin to Firefox
Have fun with Mint
DavidFosterKozelek

Post by DavidFosterKozelek »

Thanks, it's nice to be welcomed :)
Gingerbread-Man

Post by Gingerbread-Man »

DavidFosterKozelek wrote:Hi!

I'm DFK from Austria and I'm a former Windows user solely. (Oh boy, sounds like I'm addressing a self-help group, haha.)
Now I have a dual boot solution with Mint9 being my preferred OS. Since I'm still a bit of a n00b (I played around with Ubuntu and Mint 8 but nothing serious. First base at best, haha.) I thought it be to my advance to have some people to reach out to with future questions to come. And there will be plenty! :D
No, just kidding. I'd do my best to bother the Googles and existing threads before letting you guys "fix my pc" ;)

So yeah. Hi.
thats what i like to see from new users :-)
someone willing to at least try to fix the problem themselves before asking for help
you will find you learn alot faster trying to fix things yourself (even if what you learn has nothing to do with what your fixing its still something that may come in handy later on) congrats on the move away from windows and I hope linux stays as your preferred system for the foreseeable future :-)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”