Hello eveyone. Just a couple of qestions-battey and vector

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
llysender

Hello eveyone. Just a couple of qestions-battey and vector

Post by llysender »

Hi everyone, thanks for supporting such a great distro. Now, abit about myself. I was first introduced to Linux when my father installed open SuSE 10.2 a few years back and I became interested in Linux because of the games. Recently(a few months back) I installed ubuntu 9.4 through wubi to find a game called diamond mine or something like that. I could not find it but instead found a smaller scale version called epiphany. But then the bootloader messed up when doing a kernel update. After that, I stopped using Linux untill a month back when I found linux mint and installed it through mint4win. I've found it really good distro and I use it mainly for gaming. However now I want to start using it for more productive means.

First question:
Is there anyway to disable your battery max charge is low warning as I'm using it on a 3 years old laptop with a really worn out battery.

Second question:
Is there any sort of vector and graphics program like adobe fireworks? I know there is inkscape for vector works but I would really like a program that does both(note that vector tools should be decent and not sucky like photoshop's). Also wanted is having the blur,glow, tint and shadow effects for masking up defects and making pics look better in general.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Hello eveyone. Just a couple of qestions-battey and vect

Post by Oscar799 »

Hello llysender,
Welcome to Mint Forum :P
I've never used Adobe Fireworks but this link suggests some Linux alternatives http://alternativeto.net/desktop/adobe- ... form=linux
I think it would be best to start a new thread in Newbie Questions about your battery-level indicator issue.
llysender

Re: Hello eveyone. Just a couple of qestions-battey and vect

Post by llysender »

Thanks oscar799 for the help. I've looked through the altantative and most of them are gimp related and the rest are only image manipulation programs . If anyone knows of a vector plugin for gimp, I'm all ears.

Also, thanks again oscar799 for directing me to the newbies questions regarding the battery problem.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”