Hello! Nice to meet you, all!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself.
Forum rules
Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
n1sh1k4ze

Hello! Nice to meet you, all!

Post by n1sh1k4ze »

Hello! My name is n1sh1k4ze, I'm from Indonesia and I'm a newbie in this forum. Sorry if my English is a bit weird.
I installed Mint Helena to my EeePC 900 20 GB because I felt tired with the tweaking I had to do to the customized Xandros for EeePC to work as I wanted it to be, whenever I reformatted it.

Since, EeePC don't have CD/DVD drives, I had to take the long run. Installed Mint on 4 GB micro SDHC card, insert it to an microSD-SD Card Adapter, plug it ti the card reader located on my EeePC, start the live cd, and start the installation on the 4 GB SSD drive.

Had to wait for half a day to download all the packages that concerns with Japanese text input, and, voila! I got Linux Mint with Japanese interface! (I majored in Japanology. XD)

Well, I hope that I can use Mint on my PC,too. I'm using XP on my PC just for palying around. Probably, I'll dual-boot Win 7 Ultimate and Mint after I've upgrade my PC.

That's all I want to say. Once again, nice to meet you, all!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
dawgdoc

Re: Hello! Nice to meet you, all!

Post by dawgdoc »

And it's nice to meet you n1sh1k4ze.

Good job with your Eee. By the sound of it you will soon be assisting many with their install woes.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”