Mint Menu Application Plugin errors

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Remove mintMenu completely

Code: Select all

apt-get --purge remove mintmenu

and then install it

Code: Select all

apt-get install mintmenu
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I'll get back to you. The error is not in mintMenu if this happens after you've done that.
Have to think a bit when I'm not so tired :)
Husse

Post by Husse »

Right click Cassandra and select Preferences
You will see the configuration editor with mintmenu in focus
Expand plugins and then applications
I think the error is there. Take a look and see if you see anything odd - unfortunately I don't see a way to copy the contents of that window
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yes usp and mintmenu does not like each other - cant be installed both
Can't give you a link to an extensive thread about that as I don't find it but there is one in the forum
Don't know why I don't find it searching for usp
Husse

Post by Husse »

Well - I remember that I, Clem and possibly lars discussed this in a thread where someone else had the same problem - but I can't find it, and I believe that there was a solution there... (possibily uninstall usp but anyway...)
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

It's to do with the theme, revert to the original Cassandra theme in Control Center->theme. Some icon is missing from you current theme and mintMenu crashes because of that.

Make sure you also update mintmenu to the latest version, version 2.3, (sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get install mintmenu) because I think Lars (dev of mintMenu) actually fixed this problem in the past.

Clem

Return to “Other topics”